close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1917 bayonet

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by wes, May 25, 2002.

1. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I'm looking for a 1917 bayonet, Anyone?:eek:

2. Poorboy

Poorboy G&G Newbie

I just purchased a 1917 Eddystone, I was wondering where to find a correct bayonet myself. How much should I expect to pay once I find one??

3. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I've seen prices all over the place, Winchester's seem to going for $100.00 up to $300.00. Remington's around $60.00 to $95.00. These are prices I've noticed at gun shows. Quite a few were sent to England for the Lend-Lease deal,and will have British proofmarks,no big deal to me,but it does indicate early WW2 re-issue for the Home Guard in England. Hope this kinda helps,as I don't know all that much myself.

4. DocCombat

DocCombat G&G Newbie

FBNC
    With the canvas and leather WWI sheath you'll be looking around 250 and up. If it has black plastic handle grips its a WWII rebuild and would be acceptable to have the 16" O.D. green Plastic M3 scabbard.
    I have seen metal scabbards but I'm not sure of the years of production. Wood handle grips are correct for a WWI bayonet.
    And for a Eddystone I'd go with a Remington bayonet myself. (Eddystone was produced by Remington) And Ive see them from !00 up to 200. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2002