Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Alfonso,
You have what is known as a Turkish Mauser aka Ankara Mauser...yours appears to be an 1893 or 1895 Mauser which had 2 locking lugs and not the safety/3rd lug as on the 1898 Mauser.
What are you looking to do? Do you want to return the rifle to its stock configuration or to "sporterize" and make it a shooter? There are a lot of options.... Alfonso, please introduce your self to the community..there is a lot of knowledge here and maybe someone has a stock that'll fit...welcome to G&G!

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
I believe you have an 1893 Turk. I realize it after seeing the pics posted. Its distinct as it has a small ring bolt. Also look at your bolt release that you pull out to release the bolt. On the 1893 it is designed in that way. It has an extended metal curved piece protruding and lays on the charging hump of the receiver.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alfonso,
You have what is known as a Turkish Mauser aka Ankara Mauser...yours appears to be an 1893 or 1895 Mauser which had 2 locking lugs and not the safety/3rd lug as on the 1898 Mauser.
What are you looking to do? Do you want to return the rifle to its stock configuration or to "sporterize" and make it a shooter? There are a lot of options.... Alfonso, please introduce your self to the community..there is a lot of knowledge here and maybe someone has a stock that'll fit...welcome to G&G!
I just need to know what to
Alfonso,
I just need to know what stocks will fit it, I have bought 2 and neither fit. any stock will work sporter or a really beat up bad wood one , I can work with wood,

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Most small ring Mauser stocks should fit it with a little work. 1893 Spanish, 1895 Chilean, 1896 or 1938 swede, etc.

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
Just like Jwrauch and ChaZam said. The 1893 action you have will fit about any other small ring mauser stock. The Spanish 1893 was identical though to the Turk stock. Should be like an exact change out with no inletting of wood. These stocks are harder and harder to get and expensive when you do. Look on Gunbroker and Ebay is your best bet for it.

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Received a 93 Turk barreled action from Centerfire systems in the mail today pretty much identical to the OP's (thanks for the heads up Rando). Spent a few hours cleaning it up and checking it out. The bore looks pretty good, the muzzle and headspace are good. Cosmetics are ok. Looks like the makings of a good shooter.
IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1542.JPG

·
Registered
486 Posts
since no one else mentioned it, if you want a sporter stock, Boyd's Stocks should have one to fit.
ou will need to do some hole measuring, but go the Boyd's website and follow the directions there and it will make for a very easy, drop in installation

1 - 15 of 15 Posts