1943 m44's

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by R5CYA, May 6, 2008.

1. there's a deal from rguns for members of gunboards. i just ordered mine. $100 shipped.:09:
    hope i don't get in trouble sharing the info. check gunboards group buys.
    think i'll get the lammy version next week.

2. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Just paid $79.95 for my lammy M44 straight from AIM. Got to love that C&R license.
    OK, it was $95.35 shipped. I still beat you!:09:

3. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    i dont think theres a problem sharing. i will state, that you need to beware that RGUNS puts a huge bilboard on the side of the reciever instead smaller importers info that they could use.

4. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

+1
    I dont like R guns billboard

5. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I wont buy their rifles.

6. Are those 1943 M44 Tula's? Hard to believe.

7. supposed to be. i'll let ya know for sure monday when it arrives.

8. SwedeSteve

9. yep. 1943 izhevsk m44 in a hardwood stock. import mark from rguns wasn't any bigger than centuries. gun's in nice condition. re-arsenaled, counter-bored, lots of cool stampings on the stock and steel.:kinky:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i like the repair in the butt. barely noticeable after the kid with the shellac can got through with it at the arsenal.:silly:

10. SwedeSteve

11. Yeah. I didn't think that you would find a 43 Tula so easily, but a 43 Izzy is a great find as well.

Nice. But aren't they all? Oh yeah...:approve:

12. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

+1. I DO love them all.

13. so the tula is more rare than the izzy? has 7.62x54r.net got it wrong? i'm thinking that they're rareity list needs an update.

14. Nope. Just seem harder to find. A 1943 M44 is a great find no matter the arsenal. The 1944 Tula is fairly rare as is the Hex Receiver Tula M44.

15. SwedeSteve

You will notice a LOT of their info is old. Yet, it remains the #1 resource available to us. That is, unless you read German.

16. Mr.C

Mr.C Guest

Sorry Guys the pic of your M44 is an Izzy! To my knowledge only there are no 1943 Tula M44's. The 43 was a prototype 50,000 issued the official build release was 1944 hence M44.... Tula only made 100,000 in 1944 so they are a prize as well. 1945 both arsenals made the M44 until 1948+. The 1943 M44 is a rare find indeed. Scale 1-10 1943 M44 (8) 1944 Tula (6).............

17. SwedeSteve

WELCOME to G&G MrC !! I don't think anyone was calling the pictured rifle a Tula. It obviously is not. No 43 Tula as stated.

18. Mr.C

Mr.C Guest

Thanks!
    I just picked up a 43 M44 last week myself as well as a 1926/48/53 MO updated dragoon. I have a M44 tula in my sites trying to get the price down. Anyone like the Steyr M95? Big 5 is having an un advertised sale $84.99 for the stutzen. I found a couple that were 1938 rebarrels I may grab them. There is ammo available by Hornady through Graf&Sons, pricey
    I just paid $106 shipped for 80 rnds. I love shooting the 8X56R.........

19. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

And your shoulder will pay when you fire those rounds. (Ask me how I know)

20. Mr.C

Mr.C Guest

I know, I can't help it I just love portable mini Howitzers. I use a slip on pad helps somewhat.....