close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1946 No5 Mk1

Discussion in 'Enfield Rifles' started by 5thBatt, Mar 9, 2014.

1. 5thBatt

5thBatt G&G Regular

Here's a beauty i picked up last year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No Man and ChaZam like this.
  2. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

Awesome! I have a '47, found it in a pawn shop for $150. I think they had no idea what it really was, I wasn't even sure at first. If you didn't know, they can look like something someone created in his garage.

3. The_Doctor

The_Doctor G&G Enthusiast

Is that the reason for the "electropencil" markings?

Looks odd, to me. JMHO

The_Doctor

4. 5thBatt

5thBatt G&G Regular

EP'd markings are the norm on Fazakerley No5s.

5. The_Doctor

The_Doctor G&G Enthusiast

Well, I just learned something!!! Thanks!

There's a lot of EP markings on my Swedish AG42B, too.

So I do know they can be legitimate.

The_Doctor

6. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

Mine is a Faz also, and all its markings are ep'd as well.

7. Capt.Hotpants

Capt.Hotpants G&G Regular

Ive got a 45 and a 46 BSA shirley. My 1946 is a LOT rougher than your 46 FAZ. Pretty sure mine was in the Malayan Emergency. Shoots but it's in sad shape.

[​IMG]

8. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

Mine was actually in good shape mechanically and wood-wise.

The rear sight was gone (replacement was easy and cheap), the receiver had been d&t'd for a scope mount and it had a scope on it, it had a severely beat-up old skinny leather dress belt cobbled on for a sling, and the whole gun was filthy dirty.

But it cleaned up very well, the sling and sight were easy to find and cheap, and I might just use that scope mount on it anyway. It would be a sweet little hunting rifle!

I'd sure like to know how it wound up in a pawn shop in Grand Junction, Colorado. It has no import markings at all, and is all numbers-matching. Grand Junction is kind of middle-of-nowhere, not where I'd expect to find something like this.

9. Archetype_wyo

Archetype_wyo G&G Enthusiast

Gorgeous furniture on that No5!!

10. Laufer

Laufer G&G Enthusiast

5thBatt:
    That is a Beautiful Battle Rifle. Now for a green or khaki British sling?

The noise of these really attract attention when it is still Bow hunting season and somebody hears a very loud rifle, assuming that you are poaching deer. No, just "insurgent" Coke bottles....

True story, two years ago: when I (totally unexpectedly) heard a young lady deputy behind the thick bushes say "Shelby County-", I immediately leaned my Jungle Carbine against a tree.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  11. Archetype_wyo

Why is it that some people black out the serial #s of Mil Surp rifles?

12. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

A lot of people will black out the s/n on ANY gun in photos, not just milsurps. They state all kinds of "reasons", but to me it's just paranoia for many, and many others are just copycatting. Some think bad guys can/will use a serial number for nefarious purposes.

13. Archetype_wyo

If somebody is ballsy enough to take a S/N off any weapon and put it on another gun and expect it to pass any look-ups, feel free. lol This isn't software.

14. 5thBatt

5thBatt G&G Regular

Here are my other 2 No5s
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

That's nothing. I found a No 32 Mark I Rel sniper scope in a museum in Murphy N.Carolina. Had metal box it was issued with.