Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, We just ran across your posting. My son has a 1958 572 fieldmaster that he might be interested in selling. Contact us if you are interested.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Outriderdark hasn't been around since 01-18-2006 maybe someone else may be interested in it.

RCS44 Thanks for comeing by Gun and Game. I hope you took the time to look it over.
A.H

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, We have looked it over some and like what we have seen. I'm sure we'll find someone else interested in the Fieldmaster.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Would you please post some photos, description of condition and price? If you'd like, you can PM me and I'll give you my regular E-Mail address. Thanks, JB

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,511 Posts
I recently got an old Remmy 552, that is in need of some major TLC. It's a shame what some folks do to a good gun . . . :sad2:
I enjoy rescuing these poor mistreated waifs.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, We have looked it over some and like what we have seen. I'm sure we'll find someone else interested in the Fieldmaster.
You still alive? Are you in jail?? lol.....I was alluding to the fact that I might be interested in purchasing the gun, if you would put a price on it and describe the condition, a little.

·
Registered
11 Posts
JBS and anyone else interested, Sorry we have been very busy and have not checked back on the forum since we left the last message. I guess I didn't know how much interest there would be in it. We will get some pictures made and try to post them later this PM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here are some pictures of our 572. It is in pretty decent condition I guess for a 50yr old .22. It has some scratches on the receiver, stock and barrel. There is also some minor pitting on the barrel as well.I think the attatched photos show this pretty well. Functionally though it shoots great. The bore is very good, the action works very smoothly and it seems very accurate. We bought it about a year ago at a nearby gun shop and replaced a missing sight screw. My son would like to get what he has in it which is $200. If interested send me a PM and I'll try to check it more often.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
user's manual for 572 fieldmaster

Hi, few months ago I bought a 572 Fieldmaster in 22LR caliber, but there wasn't any User's Manual in package. Local dealer says he didn't received it. I wrote to Remington company but they can't send it to me because I'm not USA resident, I live in Slovenia-Europe. They even don't have downloadable version of manual for this rifle on their website. I have already shot about 2000 rounds and I was cleaning only barrel so far. Can you tell me please, do I have to clean the trigger mechanism too? What says in manual about cleaning other parts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
1955 Remington 572 action bar

Would anyone have a spare action bar for a Remington 572 made in 1955? This would be the early style and not the current ones that are not the proper shape or length.

If not, then would someone have one of the early 572's that they can make a tracing of the action bar and send it to me so that I can have a duplicate made?

Or possibly a few photo's of one as my early 572 is missing it.

Any help would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
I recently got an old Remmy 552, that is in need of some major TLC. It's a shame what some folks do to a good gun . . . :sad2:
I enjoy rescuing these poor mistreated waifs.
Where's the pics?? :burnout:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 572 field master believe nov-1974 from the letters on barrel (ry)stock shows signs of wear but not to bad over all. anyone looking for one ????? will post pics tomorrow

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
what has this post turned into? Spam fest? lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts