Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, Sep 24, 2002.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I've seen 1911 style pistols called 1991. Is that an updated design? Is there anything particularly different between it and the 1911s? Interchangeable? Or is it the same good old pistol?

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

there is a difference but i cannot recall what that was. basically the same pistole. i picked up a used one a while back, field stripping is the same. try www.1911forums.com they have all kinds of 1911 info.

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Mine has performed flawlessly since I got it in '95. Only ammo it don't like is Speer Lawman - it'll choke every round. From what I understand, it is basically Colt's "entry level" 1911 model. Basic 1911A1 with straight mainspring housing (plastic?), and a plastic trigger. Cost cutting measures that don't affect basic performance. Mine is essentially stock, except for thicker grips with finger groove front strap, and converted to Series 70 standard for better trigger pull. After 5000+ rounds through it, it's still tight and shoots very well. It's tighter than my buddy's near-new Springfield 1911A1. It's on my hip every weekend at the range. I trust with my life, literally.

4. PAPA G

also the plastic parts can be replace with what ever you want, just normal fitting. mine has aluminum trigger and M.H.

5. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Good gun, as mentioned, the plastic can be changed out. My friend has had one since 91 seems to shoot better as the years go by.

6. Cyclops

Cyclops Guest

I've only had my '91a1 for a short amount of time. It has been a fun gun to own & shoot. It has also had some work done to it...including trigger, trigger job, beavertail, hammer, thumb safety & sights.

There really is something about the 1911 that makes them truly special ;)

7. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

You just can't beat a good .45 Colt 1911. It was on my list of "must haves" for a long time - since the early seventies series "Manhunter" - the hero carried a 1911. Set in the twenties or thirties, he had been a WWI vet, turned bounty hunter.

Still two guns to go - a Colt Python and an Automag. Someday!

8. PAPA G

i cannot recall that show, guess it didn't make the Nielsons.

9. wes

wes Guest

I bought my first 1911 series '70 in 1978. First brand new handgun I ever had. Paid $253.00 for it. Still got it,but now it sports a .460 Rowland kit.