Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife got fed up with her 702 Plinkster jamming, not ejecting, and misfiring, so she traded it in towards a used Ruger 10/22. We didn't realize how old it was until we got it home and looked up the serial number. Seems it's from 1992, and it's in awesome shape. We thought it might have been only a couple years old! It included a Tasco scope and a very nice sling. I think we got a steal at $149!

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Alleydude yall got a fantastic deal !!!! WOW !!!! You know a lot of people own guns and alot of owners don't use there guns as often as some here do.
I'm in the catagory of only useing my guns for when I go hunting or sighting in the rifles.
I rarely use to plink or target shoot but I'm fixing to do more range time soon.
SO theres folks like me that have guns such as my Remington shotguns that were bought in the 70's that still look nearly NEW.
What I'm getting at is if I were to trade off one of my order guns they would probably look new on the used gun rack and somebody who were to buy one of mine will have as nice gun as the Ruger 10/22 you have pictured.
Your wife did good buddy !!! Take her along next time you go to buy another gun. LOL

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
+1

Great deal. Congrats!!! I would love to find a deal like that.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Good for you

Good for you dollarwise and you might check the internet as
this gun has generated a phenominal aftermarket in custom parts.
Not that you would need to customize but just to know what's out
there in case you decide to do some customization.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good for you dollarwise and you might check the internet as
this gun has generated a phenominal aftermarket in custom parts.
Not that you would need to customize but just to know what's out
there in case you decide to do some customization.
Thanks. We're very aware of what's out there and what is being done with these guns. We won't touch this one, but we will definately be looking for one to "play" with soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
great rifle, I have put thousands of rounds through mine, very reliable. I have the wood stock like the one in the above picture if anyone is interested, I opted for a synthetic a year ago.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I recently bought a 10/22 and converted it into my target rifle, so I had a factory stock, barrel and trigger assembly, all brand new. Yesterday, I bought an older 10/22, for $75 that didnt fire because of a missing disconnector in the trigger, and replaced the stock, barrel, and trigger with the newly refinished reciever, so I got a new 10/22 for $75

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Good for you

Congrats and note there exists a phenominal aftermarket of custom
parts for the gun so you can modify to your heart's content
(should you wish).

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
good buy, i have had my 10/22 for awhile with no problems. i also got mine used but i have no idea as to the age...did you find that on the ruger website?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts