Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site is pretty hard to navigate when you are new here, or if you happen to be as slow as me when it comes to anything digital. I was advised to introduce myself, so here I am. My real name is Keith and I have managed to keep myself alive for 76 years so far. I was about to send an email when I noticed I had gotten some nice feedback from Ranger4, SaigaAK74, Blaster, and Cyrano. Thank you folks for helping me get my feet wet on this site.
I am an Army veteran (infantry) and an ex-cop (Florida). Currently I paint murals (artistically insane all my life).
I enjoy shooting, something I discovered when I was in the army many decades ago. The above G&G members and myself had a pleasant dialogue about the merits of Makarov pistols. I will now attempt to return to that conversation. I hope I don't screw it up!

·
Registered
10,331 Posts
welcome sir from Leavenworth, Ks. Glad to see some grunts can find their way around here. Former Army Aviation and MP along with civilian police myself. always glad to see another member of the badge family that made it out alive.

·
Registered
893 Posts
This site is pretty hard to navigate when you are new here, or if you happen to be as slow as me when it comes to anything digital. I was advised to introduce myself, so here I am. My real name is Keith and I have managed to keep myself alive for 76 years so far. I was about to send an email when I noticed I had gotten some nice feedback from Ranger4, SaigaAK74, Blaster, and Cyrano. Thank you folks for helping me get my feet wet on this site.
I am an Army veteran (infantry) and an ex-cop (Florida). Currently I paint murals (artistically insane all my life).
I enjoy shooting, something I discovered when I was in the army many decades ago. The above G&G members and myself had a pleasant dialogue about the merits of Makarov pistols. I will now attempt to return to that conversation. I hope I don't screw it up!
Tampa? you mean the place where they started the original Hooters? Where you could get a pitcher of beef and a pound of boiled shrimp for $10.00?

And have all those fine seafood places, like Shells and others? I am a former MP and cop as well, and CENTCOM alumni, spent some time there. Again, Welcome. Just got 3 boxes of the Makarov ammo in for the step-daughter, stuff is hard to find. ......sure wish I had bought a couple back in the day...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tampa? you mean the place where they started the original Hooters? Where you could get a pitcher of beef and a pound of boiled shrimp for $10.00?

And have all those fine seafood places, like Shells and others? I am a former MP and cop as well, and CENTCOM alumni, spent some time there. Again, Welcome. Just got 3 boxes of the Makarov ammo in for the step-daughter, stuff is hard to find. ......sure wish I had bought a couple back in the day...
Hello again! I have noticed that some members are having a tough time finding Makarov ammo. I just checked my own stash and I am looking at multiple boxes of 9x18 Makarov ammo in the following brands: Sellier&Bellot, Blazer,Fiocchi, and Winchester. I also have random boxes of Russian military ammo for the Mak. I have been able to find it in several local gunshops. I was surprised to learn it was scarce in other places. Should I be hoarding? Maybe it's drying up nationally, and I haven't got the word. You guys have me a little worried. I will go out and search for more, just in case!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1st Infantry Viet Nam, retired LEO. Welcome from Smoky Mountains.
Ah, the Great Smokies truly are great. I love mountains, and they are mighty scarce here in Florida. I don't think there is even a hill in this tourist infested place. I live near the Gulf beaches, and I don't even go there. The Snowbirds and Canadians can have it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome from Ohio, and thank you for your service to our great Country.
:usa2:
Nice picture of you, Mr.Wayne. I would ask for your autograph, but you might be too busy shooting the hell out of those pesky VC, and NVA dudes. And I salute your service White Rook! My overseas Alma mater was C Co. 1st Bn. 7th Reg. First Cavalry Division. Hoo-Rah!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
welcome sir from Leavenworth, Ks. Glad to see some grunts can find their way around here. Former Army Aviation and MP along with civilian police myself. always glad to see another member of the badge family that made it out alive.
Thanks for the kind words from Leavenworth. (you are on the outside of the famed institution, I presume?) Well, I guess the reference to the badge speaks for itself. I salute thee, amigo!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome to G&G and thank you for your military service and your law enforcement service too.
"And I would enlist again, should our country need me, but unfortunately they don't take old coots like myself. I understand. And I also insist that once one masters the rifle, one never forgets how to use one. Don't you agree?"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank y
Welcome to Gun and Game from NW Arkansas.[/QUOTE Thank you, Big Ed! You guys have been great about connecting with me, but I still feel like I am doing something wrong. And I don't understand the bit about 'insert quotes' and such. I'm signing off for tonight and hope to learn more soon. For now, I'm just going to say "Over and Out".

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks back to you in Georgia. "Tapatalk" is way over my head, but it seems to work for you. And I will just assume that your misspelling of "Rascal" is on purpose.
Yes, the misspelling is intentional. As for Tapatalk, I've been using it for 4 years now. It's an app for "smartphones". It's an iffy platform at its best.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts