close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1st trip to range with BM Shorty

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by AKman, Jul 3, 2002.

1. AKman

AKman G&G Newbie

N.C.
    This is one awesome weapon. I used a 25 meter sight in target, after 3 shots I only had to go 4 clicks to the left and 2 clicks down, then it was on the money. I was busting clay pigeons at 100 meters with no problem. I am totaly impressed with AR15's.
    The federal xm193 ammo is top notch also.If anyone is looking for their 1st AR , you cant go wrong with Bushmaster......AKman

2. Wayne

Wayne G&G Newbie

AKman I've been looking at ARs also What configuration is yours? Think I'm gonna go with the one with 20 in Target barrel A2 configuration,Let me know how yours is Thanks Of course I'm going with Bushmaster

3. AKman

AKman G&G Newbie

N.C.
    Mine is the 16" carbine A2, no muzzle brake.

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

You bought a skeet rifle?

5. AKman

AKman G&G Newbie

N.C.
    No Klaus, I was busting clay pigeons that I had placed on the bank at the end of the range, but I just might try shooting them on the fly next time.......AKman

6. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Welome to the AR world. It's an awesome weapon system that you can do SO much to. Glad you decided to try the other side. Good Shooting!

7. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Unfortunately, I do not have a shooting range around here where I can just set up targets like that. However, I did shoot skeet at a friend's farm with my Royal Street Sweeper. Unfortunately, I had to get rid of it after that jerk*ff Bentson became the treasury secretary and outlawed it.

8. Street sweeper--nice weapon--I don't think it was designed for clay pigeons.

9. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Good Lord!
    If it is outlawed, shoot it in private! AKman, you did outstanding! You're going to love it. I'll be talking to you alot on the AR15/M16 forum. Welcome and congats again...Good Shooting!

10. Good choice AKman, I got my Bushmaster Dissapator about 9mo. ago & it shoots great, & a lot of fun!

11. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The Sweeper was the nastiest looking gun I ever had. At least until the 12 shots in the cylinder were used up. You see, it was not a semi-auto, it was a DA revolver, with a trap door. Each empty shell had to be manually ejected, one at a time. Then the cylinder had to be loaded by hand, one round at a time, with a crank being rotated between each shell.