close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

200 Russian mercenaries??? Killed by U.S. forces

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by my1871colt45, Feb 13, 2018.

1. my1871colt45

my1871colt45 G&G Evangelist

Oklahoma
    Rocky7, PAPA G, jwrauch and 2 others like this.
  2. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    Came up in the hearing this morning in the Senate. CIA and DoD refused to talk about it in open hearing. Offered to in closed hearing this afternoon. Sen.Cotton called them Russia mercenaries.

PAPA G and my1871colt45 like this.

3. my1871colt45

Oklahoma
    I've even gone to Russia Todays "news" site and saw no mention of it yet

PAPA G, Wicked109 and Rambo like this.
  4. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Interesting indeed

PAPA G, Wicked109 and my1871colt45 like this.
  5. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Here is the Bloomberg article I read about 0345 this morning. It has currently been updated.

Asked about the killing of Russian mercenaries in Syria, CIA Director Mike Pompeo told a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing in Washington Tuesday that he would leave specifics to the Pentagon but “we have seen in multiple instances foreign forces using mercenaries in battles that will begin to approach the United States.”

It’s not clear who was paying the Russian contingent, whether it was Russia directly, Syria, Iran or a third party. Reports in Russian media have said Wagner -- a shadowy organization known as Russia’s answer to Blackwater -- was hired by Assad or his allies to guard Syrian energy assets in exchange for oil concessions.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...d-to-kill-scores-of-russian-fighters-in-syria

6. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

If they attacked a US Base, feck 'em, it's their own fault.
    Putin won't defend those who attacked a US Base.
    He knows better than to have to answer "Why Did They Attack a US Base?"
    They'll be written off as rogues who got killed being stupid.

Rave, blaster, Rocky7 and 6 others like this.
  7. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    I doubt there are rogue Russian mercenaries. Putin pulls the strings and he has knowledge of these guys. Our own intelligence agencies believe even the Russian mob has to answer to Putin.

8. my1871colt45

Oklahoma
    Yep remember all the "rogue" Russian troops in the Ukraine??

Rocky7, big shrek, PAPA G and 2 others like this.
  9. shop tom

shop tom G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Apparently some of them ended getting blowed up in this attack.

I imagine the Russian military is studying this. This kind of one-sided gully-whomping shows the efficacy of the American military.

blaster, Rocky7, big shrek and 2 others like this.
  10. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

My guess is that Putin knows all about it and wanted to "test" the US and Trump to see what our response would be if a Russian element tried to put pressure on a US backed area and if we would do anything about it.... either defend the area at the cost of the risk an escalation by firing back on "Russian backed" forces or panic and get bogged down in inaction and let them take the area while commanders and/or the politicians panicked about what to do so we wouldn't risk aforementioned escalation (aka the Clinton Benghazi response)...

Either way Putin can just say "yea they went rogue I don't know anything about it."

If they won, Russia gets ground, If they lost he still learns something about us.

Obviously we chose the "F-U, you attacked us... you bought the ticket, now you get the whole ride!" military response.

The US-led coalition responded with "AC-130 gunships, F-15s, F-22s, Army Apache helicopter gunships and Marine Corps artillery,"

And it sounds like it was quite the full response. ^^^

Now that Putin has tested the waters and know what will happen he might a bit more cautious in how he operates over there knowing that we won't put up with any of his crap (or at least a lot less of it) like the last President.

Rave, blaster, Rocky7 and 5 others like this.
  11. BudW

BudW G&G Evangelist

But I thought Trump was Putin's boy? American *** whipping the bear.

Rave, Rocky7, big shrek and 4 others like this.
  12. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Trump can't do anything right according to the Ministry of Democratic Propaganda.

If the Russians are in fact mercenaries, Russia is not in a position to protest. Legally, they are private citizens, not Russian soldiers; so Putin has no grounds for complaint. However, I bet he is none too pleased with the situation. He does not want to believe that Americans can act decisively when the situation warrants it.

Rave, Rocky7, big shrek and 3 others like this.
  13. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

MAD DOG 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because we ALL know whose plan this was :D

dfdcd3498a263466dbc9b388e1b833f1--military-memes-military-spouse.jpg

14. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

That Pic motivates me so much that I wanna go get drunk and join the Corps...
    good thing I'm Med-Ret RE-4P that's too old and jacked up to be let back in ;)

Well, I COULD drive a Stryker if they'd let me...hehehe :D
    They really need an Old Bastiches Squad...gather up all the crazy retirees
    and make a Dead Men Tell No Tales Unit...send us to all the fan + squish places...
    because as long as we got coffee, MRE's, and ammo...we'll handle it :D
    And let R. Lee Ermy run it :D

Jacked.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Rambo and my1871colt45 like this.
  15. Cyrano

New York
    Can you use an old Merchant Mariner with the seaman's eye and a certain ruthless streak? We could make up a medium sized coaster as a Q-Ship and go hunting pirates off the African coasts and in the South China Sea. Just because they aren't in the news these days doesn't mean the pirate problem has gone away. We'd name her the Atlantis II after Captain Bernard Roggen's famous commerce raider of the Second World War, and emulate his techniques. Even liberal-leftists don't think much of pirates.

big shrek likes this.
  16. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Wait a minute, Isn't Trump supposed to be buddy buddy with Putin and in collusion with the Russians?

Hmmmm, makes you wonder how the Dummycraps will spin this?

Huey Rider and big shrek like this.
  17. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

If they were "mercenaries," what difference would it make WHAT country of origin they came from?

Mercenaries, by definition, have only ONE allegiance - highest bidder.

Huey Rider and big shrek like this.
  18. Cyrano

New York
    Do you seriously expect the Dumbocrats to differentiate between Russian mercenaries and Russian soldiers? They can't differentiate between a buttplate and their buttholes!

Huey Rider, big shrek and Ten Man like this.
  19. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Sorry. I lost my mind there, for a moment.:oops:

big shrek and Cyrano like this.
  20. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Yeah,ya' watch out for the ol' man down the road and in the white house now. :usa2:;)

Ten Man likes this.