2020 Deer hunt

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bobvonb, Oct 20, 2020.

1. bobvonb

bobvonb G&G Evangelist

This year I drew a California tag in zone C1, Siskiyou County, right on the Oregon border. My #2 son recently moved up there and decided to get himself hitched... during deer season. So my wife and I took the trip (690 miles!) and stayed for a week. With the wedding and all I only got out a couple of times. He bought 50 acres and there are lots of deer all around. However, as normal, they were mostly all does. There was one group of 4 that appeared to be all spikes, but too young without forked antlers. Maybe next year for them, he said hopefully.

Now for the wedding, they needed a presider when their choice backed out with COVID issues so I did the online ordination thing and did the ceremony myself. That was nice. It was an outdoor wedding with reception in the barn. Lots of fun.

PS the beard is new as of July 1. I like it and think I'll keep it.

Attached Files:

2. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Congratulations Bob! Also Congratulations to your son and his Bride. I like the setting also. Very nice

bobvonb likes this.

3. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Bob I have two older sons that got married in West Virginia. The younger one got married in his wife's side family owned church. It was in a valley where three mountains met and it was opening day of deer season also. They had a late evening wedding so everyone got to hunt early that day. In the middle of the ceremony two huge bucks came running down off of the one mountain and through the church parking. The one bridesmaid spotted the bucks running and yelled there's the bucks. They then stopped the ceremony so everyone could watch the bucks escape up another mountain.

bobvonb and ncnascarlady like this.
  4. StanleyDeborah29

StanleyDeborah29 G&G Newbie

USA
    Congratulations! Very nice setting and decorations!