Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not a big fan of gun magazines....but Shooting times this moth had an artical on the 204 Ruger....its the Newest greates little bigger but based on the .17HMR concept .32 grain 20 cal bullet at 4200fps same Hornaday balistic tip at the 17HMR.....This is center fire...so reloadable...but according to the artical the powder used is not being sold to the public so we will not be able to "match" factory ammo......Also Ruger is the only rifle maker for now and the rifles listed in the artical range from the #1 carbine (MSRP of $695) Model 77 ($845) and 3 others in this price range.

I think it will be a intersting cartrige to shoot....should be a good varmit...soda can killer....I just think the price for Rifles and ammo (Midway has it for $12 for 20) is going to keep people from trying it. I think the 17 HMR made it because it was fun, the rifles were avbilable under 200ish and it could be used at indoor ranges for the city folks. IF NEF comes out with a rifle for the 204 I might try it....but at 700ish a pop thats a lot of rifle for a cartrige that might not make it....Of course the problem is you need sales to lower the prices (volume) but to get sales you need to reach your target market....Yes someone will buy the rifles...but how many someones????

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,226 Posts
Interesting article.
I like Shooting Times, Comes out of Peoria Il. The subscription office is in Palm Coast Fla. One of the better mags.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts