22-250 scope

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Brad Y, May 26, 2008.

1. Brad Y

Brad Y G&G Newbie

Gday fellas,

Im looking for an upgrade on my 22-250. It currently wears an olivon tracker 6-24x50 AO. While being a cheap scope, it has performed flawlessly and I have no real reason to upgrade it. But i have put a custom left hand stock on my rifle to replace the synthetic junk that was on it, and think a new bit of glass on top is called for.

Im looking at the Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 side focus model and the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50. I want the larger objective for shooting under the spotlight at night and also would prefer the 30mm tube. Are there any scopes that would also warrant looking at?

Whats everyones opinions

thanks

2. soonerborn

soonerborn G&G Newbie

I would stick with the bushnell 4200, sightron, or burris diamond.

3. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Look at Meuller scopes.

4. Brad Y

Brad Y G&G Newbie

ok im going to put a $500US limit on it, can stretch a few dollars above but trying not to. For what its worth the scope that is on it now would be about $100 US.

5. For brands you may also want to include Weaver and Sightron. I really like the side focus idea, but you should check to be sure it can focus close enough for you. For a 22-250 they are probably ok, but most of them don't go close enough for 22 rimfires.

Ron

6. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    for your budget, the bushnell 4200 is the best your going to do.

7. JOEGUN94

JOEGUN94 G&G Addict

i am happy with the milletts i have , 6x25 and 6x18 30mm , 56mm obj with a 4'' sun shade ' around 500.00 us

8. telkev

telkev G&G Newbie

+1, but I suggest the mildot recticle