22 LR CONVERSION

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by AKROADKILL, May 25, 2008.

1. AKROADKILL

AKROADKILL G&G Newbie

2. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

You could buy two used .22 pistols for that price.I have never gone the conversion route,but the ones I have seen didnt work too good.If I wanted a .22,I would buy a .22.It would be cheaper and might even work. sam.

3. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

They work just fine. Most of the problems people have with them, like most .22LR pistols to, is they want to run whatever cheap Wally World trash ammo they can get their hands on in them.

I had one of their units when I had a couple of Glock 34's and it worked fine with about anything after a break in period with 500 CCI Mini-Mags through it.

Then it worked pretty well with most of the cheap Wally World trash ammo I bought.:)

Accuracy was on par with most quality .22LR pistols.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  4. JMax

JMax G&G Newbie

SoCal
    I have an Advantage Arms conversion for my Glocks and a Marvel for 1911 pattern pistols. Yes a separate 22 pistol is cost effective but with the conversions one is using the same frame & trigger from the center fire pistol and that is an aid for practice.

5. I have one for a GLOCK 23, it is nice and works well, must be broken in. Same trigger and grip as one of my carry guns. I got mine and 4 mags for $275.

6. AKROADKILL

AKROADKILL G&G Newbie

i just got my conversion kit yesterday and have allready put 300 round threw it and love it. waiting for my extra mags they are on back order. i recomend this to anyone who has a glock or 1911:AR15firing:

7. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

that would be the only reason i would buy one.
    or i could just buy 2500 bullets and make my own full house 45 rounds.