close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

22 magnums what do you have

Discussion in 'Rimfire Rifles' started by linemo, Mar 24, 2013.

1. The_Doctor

The_Doctor G&G Enthusiast

The only 22 magnum that I presently own is a Winchester 9422

that I bought in 1978 in Timmins, Ontario. I have shot it only a few times,

(less than a box!!!) but it is a very accurate, reliable, and "slick"

firearm. One day on Manitoulin Island, the day after Christmas one

year, I went to my former brother-in-law's property to look for a rabbit

or two... Took the 9422, fitted with an inexpensive Bushnell 4-9 scope,

and harvested an amazing (to me!) number of Swamp Bucks! Seven,

to be precise. In two instances, I had to BACK UP a few feet to get the

little critturs in focus!!! LOL While I was a-cleanin' one, another would

appear, and I'd have to tell him to wait 'till I was ready!

Fine memories; would love to take the 9422M out again for

another bunny session.

The_Doctor

mauser9 likes this.
  2. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

Revolvers or rifles?

3 hand guns
    2 rifles

3. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Enthusiast

I have a Taurus model 72 stainless pump-action rifle and a Taurus model 941 stainless 8-shot DA revolver. Both are very accurate and enjoyable to shoot. I have dropped animals as large as bobcats with the rifle. The revolver is my fiancée's favorite gun to shoot.

The 72 is so accurate and easy to shoot I occasionally trick-shoot with it to impress on some of my more obstinate students that I do know the game better than they do.

4. Lots a nice guns guys!

Sorry to re open a older thread but the 22 magnum caught my eye. I'm a Maggie nut!

I have a bunch! From mini revolvers to single shots levers bolts pumps and autos. If it's made in 22 magnum I need to have it! ;)

I really like my "pocket rockets" NAA revolvers, Ruger RAR, Henry Lever and Marlin 922m semi.

Lately I have been tinkering with a Chiappa Lil Badger single shot. WOW what a difference a steel scope rail made! The gun comes with a quad rail but made of plastic. I removed it and the rear site and using the extra sight holes attached a long picitinny base then sites and a scope to the rail.

Last week I was able to shoot it indoors so only 25 yards but it shot (a couple times) fie rounds into a single 30 cal hole!!! Before it was OK with dine and Nickle sized holes at same distance.

I have loved the Federal 50g from my hunting. I have t been able to replenish my sticks so I have been using the Hornady Critical Defense ammo with good results! I think the heller expands more reliability and accuracy is just as good. I think I have four or five good sized coyotes with this ammo out to a bit over 100 yards and all but one was one shot drop. The one that wasn't was wonded. I put one CD into the top of his back as he ran away and a second I to his head when he paused. Stopping him instantly.

CW

MoDoc likes this.
  5. The_Doctor

The_Doctor G&G Enthusiast

I might as well add a picture of my old 9422M, since I just did an inspection

of the vault the other day...

[​IMG]

Plain Jane, but no "slicker" action exists!!! (IMHO)

The_Doctor

P.S. Welcome to Gun & Game, CW!

MoDoc, mauser9 and MosinRuger like this.
  6. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

Bought both them new.
    Stevens model 30M
    Taurus model 72 stainless carbine
    The Taurus is one the most accurate .22mags Ive shot I think it has to do with how Taurus counter bores the muzzle, all the Taurus pumps in the gun rack at Kotzebue Gun and Pawn (12) all had that feature.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  7. I got a new 922 on 9/22!!

Its in very nice condition with a fairly nice stock too! It came with a Weaver V7 but I had other plans. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I mounted a Millett 1x4 30MM scope in cheap B Square rings (for now) on a steel multi slot base.

CW

mauser9, MoDoc and jwrauch like this.
  8. GUNZABLAZIN

GUNZABLAZIN G&G Evangelist

I now have a picture of my Winchester .

Attached Files:

ChaZam likes this.
  9. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Marlin 925M and the newer Ruger American compact. The Ruger is ideal for it's lightweight and 18 inch tube for the deep woods. Super acurate with the 40 grain CCI stuff.

10. MoDoc

MoDoc G&G Evangelist

I've got a Henry lever action in .22 WMR [ which I like less than I thought I would for some reason ]; a Marlin XT22M with a Simmons 3-9 X scope + bipod [a setup I love ], and a KelTec PMR 30 [ VERY fond of that thing - especially since I've managed to stock back up on it's favorite food! ]

mauser9 likes this.
  11. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Envy you guys with those brass frame Henry's. Sharp lookin well made and they remind me of the ole 73 Winchester

MoDoc likes this.
  12. I have an old sears, Winchester, 250m lever 22 mag. I also have a Izhmash biathlon basic in 22 mag, toggle bolt, that is laser accurate.

rando likes this.
  13. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Jealous of those who own a Winny 9422M. Big bucks today when ya can find one! The Henry's are awesome but will set ya back some $$$. Worth it if ya can afford it though!

rando likes this.
  14. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Only .22 magnum I have is a Heritage Rough Rider revolver, no rifle.

rando likes this.
  15. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I have a SS Colt trooper 22 mag. revolver. Heritage Rough Rider , Ithaca lever action 22 mag. and two Henry Lever action 22 mags. Not sure anymore but I think that is all for 22 Magnum

mauser9 likes this.
  16. DannoBoone

DannoBoone G&G Newbie

Three years ago, at the age of 62, I got my first .22mag rifle, A CZ455 Lux. Never
    could get warm & fuzzy over that stock, so replaced it with a Boyds in Forest Camo.
    Only time I got out to test ammo, it shot three 30gr Hornady V-max through one
    hole at 50yds. It did not do well with 40gr bullets from Winny and CCI.

rando, mauser9, Ten Man and 1 other person like this.
  17. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Checked that stock Danno. I like it. Gettin sick of lookin at that awful blonde hardwood stock on my Marlin. Should make it look like a new gun. Not a bad price for the basic rimfire one.