.22 Target Pistol? Need a little help.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by elkahaulic, May 27, 2008.

1. elkahaulic

elkahaulic Guest

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I am looking for information about Walther pistols. I generally collect U.S. military, and lever Winchesters. I ventured into the this knowing I wouldn't get hurt on the price I paid for the following:

Walther Mark II Model Sport 5.6mm 22 long rifle Made in France

It has a 7 1/2" barrel, brown colored checkerd plastic grips with a flat bottom. Has a nice thumb rest on the grip. The serial number is 58770C. It is a double action pistol.

It has a 2" compensator on the end. The front sight is held on by screwing the compensator onto the barrel's end. The rear sight is adjustable.

I purchased it from the original owner who bought it through the mail in the 50's. His plan was to cut the barrel to make a "shorter" weapon. I saved it from a terrible deed.

Overall is excellent condition. Can someone tell me what year this was manufactured and how many of these pistols in this configuration were made, and the value? I have been told there were "not many" made like this order.

Thank you. I look forward to your responses.

2. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Well, It sounds like you have a PP Sport Mark II made after 1954 by Manurhin.
    Value is about 485.00...
    There were a lot of them made and Imported from 1955-1983
    Rich

3. elkahaulic

elkahaulic Guest

Thank you for the response. I found a book, that shows this certain configuration was only produced for 2 years. 1955 & 1956. Like other companies, they tracked how many were produced. Is there documents like that available?

Thanks

4. Captnkc

Captnkc Guest

You may also want to check the "Unofficial Walther Home Page for additional information about your pistol. These ia a secondary link to "Rare and Lesser Known Walthers at:

Other rare, and lesser known Walthers

Regards,

Captnkc