close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.250 savage ruger

Discussion in 'Ruger' started by live2hunt, Mar 19, 2002.

1. live2hunt

live2hunt G&G Newbie

anyone own a ruger m77 in this caliber? i have one with the full length stock and enjoy it. i have found it to be extremely accurate. i load 100gr. Nosler BT for it and can shoot .75 at 100 yards and 1.75 at 200. just wondering if anyone else has one and how it shoots.
    I use mine for deer and coyotes.

2. BADSBSNF81

BADSBSNF81 G&G Newbie

I have ahd one for over a decade and a half. With a good load it'll shoot 1MOA. With factory ammo it holds about 2MOA. To bad they quit making it.

3. live2hunt

live2hunt G&G Newbie

yeah, i got mine when i was 12, about 14 years ago now. have used it every year in NW Wisconsin for deer. moved to SE Minnesota and found out exactly how many **** coyotes there were, been shooting them for about 3 years. you use yours for any hunting? 100 gr BT seem to work good. i have shot a lot of factory ammo out of the stuff and just didn't have the luck with it as you did. (2MOA) i was usually throwing them all over. the hand loads seem to work for me though also put a pressure bedding in and turned down the trigger, got a decent scope and poof. i am happy with mine.