Gun and Game Forum banner

28 ga shotgun prices and custom work

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  BattleRifleG3 
#1 · (Edited)
:ballons: Does anyone know of an inexpensive 28 ga shotgun that has a butt similar to an ar 15 or that has a 'folding' stock option available? Whats the deal with these things costing as much as at least 3 or 4 good guns in 12 ga?? Just an idea: 20 in 28 ga or 20 ga used as a pistol. 12 ga just has too much unbalanced weight and kick to be shot with one hand I think. I have a winchester 1300 defender. :ballons:

#3 · (Edited)
:ballons: I presently have an unknown 16 ga SxS that had a very loose stock. I have never fired it because I thought it was a 20 ga. I went and got me some oak to make a laminated stock but I think I will take some time to draw it out on poser board first or it will be measure once cut twice jump around all mad and throw it all in the fireplace. I saw how small the 28 ga shells were and figure it can't pack that much recoil. However they are expensive. I figure I could buy that .416 rigby I have always wanted with that much dough. The 28 ga is just food for thought. Kind of a toy if you will. How the shot gun with such nice wood would end up (which I guess is what makes it so expensive) it would be a shame to spend that kind of money. Maybe I can find one of those single shot new england firearms single shot in this guage at walmart. :ballons:

#4 ·
MSRPs for 28ga shotguns:
Remington 1100: $901 (we need a Mr Yuck Smiley for such prices)

Remington 870: $359

Charles Daly Field Semi-Auto: $465

Note that MSRP prices are usually at least 10-20% higher than realistic, though it may be hard to find a competitive dealer and you may have to pay MSRP.

#6 ·
If you can sink to the level of 410, there are pistols chambered interchangeably for 410 and 45 Colt. There's the Thunder 5 revolver, a version of the BFR, and a variety of single shot, and a few double barreled specimens.

Bersa/Llama/Firestorm makes a single shot for well under $200. Check out FAC www.gunsnstuff.net for a double barrel model with a smaller, in my opinion unwieldy, specimen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.