Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This competition shoot is set up on the Honor System. Go to your local range and participate in the Class(es) you wish to shoot in. Have fun and shoot often. There are no entry fees.

Class I: Pistol; 15 yards, 5 shots per target.
Official Target Link: http://reloadbench.com/pdf/files/pistol_target.pdf

Class II: Rifle-iron sights; 100 yards, 5 shots per target.
Official Target Link: http://reloadbench.com/pdf/files/300 reduced for 200.pdf

Class III: Rifle-scoped; 100 yds, 5 shots per target.
Official Target Link: http://reloadbench.com/pdf/files/300 reduced for 200.pdf

Class IV: Black Death Challenge .22 rifle; Scoped or Non Scoped; Rules for Black death are posted here:Black Death Challenge Targets
Official Target Link:
http://10xshooters.com/BlackDeathChallenge/BlackDeath_Challenge.pdf

Rules: Five shots taken per target. Each participant may shoot as many times as they wish but may only submit one target per class. Family members and friends are encouraged to participate.

Grading: Targets, except Black Death, will be graded on a points system from the center out. Each circumferal ring decreases in points with the center being 11 points. Black Death will be graded on the by the rules listed in the above link. Targets will be graded on best grouping in case of a tie.

Time Limit: Shoot will run till October 8th.

Entry: Targets to be scanned and e-mailed to me or sent via USPS to me. Targets must include following info in one of the corners:

G&G Member Name
Your guest's name if applicable
Category
Weapon type/calibre

That's about all. Any questions or comments please contact me.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Chris...can we put a sticky on this thread so we have a quick referrence to it?

I'm getting in on this one...yepper!

And...y'all be boo-hooing when I'm done, LOL!

Maybe.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Do I get to include my police qualification target results? :D

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Dale, you might be doing the same my friend! :D
You're not even eligible...gotta have at least 3000 posts to qualify, he he he he.

Now, who's crying?

Seriously...good luck RR. It's all about fun.

I wish my eyes were 30 years old again but, they aren't.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I am going to participate as well....

Will post if we can get some nice prizes for the winners of each category!

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spocahp, Yessir! That looks like fun. Is there a catogory for M1 Garands? That SR-21 is abig target.

All Rifles should fit into the 2nd or 3rd class; the only exception is the .50 as the bullet would be as big as the target! :target:

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
another contest, let's see who can be the first to get back and report on their shooting.

PS don't post targets yet: wait and I will set up a special post for targets near to the end of the deadline. Feel free to brag (or lie) about your score until then!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well, I have a story to tell, but I don't think it is a good one.

Today I went out and did just a wee bit of popping. I took one target to check zero with, then the contest target.

Put two in the center on my test target, and decided that it was plenty good enough to do the job with.

Got myself set up on the little X, squeezed off a shot, pretty little hole (I won't say where). Took aim again in the same spot, squeeeezed off the shot, gun roared, no hole in the paper. No dust cloud.

Hmmm, that is odd. Instead of being stupid, I pulled the magazine and the bolt, looked down the barrel from the chamber end. (I don't need to get a bolt shoved back in my face due to a squib).

There was nothing in the bore.:confused:

I decided not to shoot anymore after that, mainly because if I can't figure out where that bullet went, I sure as sugar don't want to send another downrange until I can get a handle on where it went!

Needless to say, I still have some time, and I will be putting in an entry, it will just take some time...

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bummer Rookie; could the problem be AMMO? Well My day was somewhat better. I scored 35/55 on open sights with my Swiss K-31 with only hitting 4 shots on the target. I was pretty impressed as open sights is not really a good shot for me; I need to spend some time getting my stuff zeroed. Guess I will be getting me a spotting scope soon.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I went out a little on Friday with the Tikka, but I'm nowhere near ready to send in a target. I need to get some better ammo, Winchester White Box value pack does fine for plinking but I'd like to get some Black Hills stuff for competing

1 - 20 of 30 Posts