close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3 Wheeler's Rule, 4 Wheelers Suck!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by dodge, Apr 24, 2002.

1. I'l take a ATC-250R over ANY quad!

2. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i hear ya dodge i went places only a 4 wheeler could dream of goin. when the mudd was to deep i would float it .4 wheelers are nice but they have to much weight .

3. all hail the trike!

tommy, what kinda trikr did/do you have?? here's a list of my rides: 1983 honda XL185S(dirt bike, plenty of power!)1984 honda ATC-110(just got done re-building it) honda ATC-200es(nice, but kinda big for going where there is no trail) 63(?) honda trail 90(not enought power!) 76 honda CL175 scrambler(ok for off road, but not that great, tires to small) here's some ATV's/ATC's I've had in the past: honda ATC-250R( sold it because my girlfriend thought I'd get hurt, now 2 years latter she's into ATV's!!) Honda FOURTRAX-200sx(nice, expensive to fix though)1981 hondaATC-110(needed to much work, so i sold it) suzuki LT250EF(peice of ****!!) 1983 yamaha tri-moto YT-175(**** 2 strokes, fix or repair daily) kawasaki KLT200(nice, shouldnt have sold it). off roading is my favorite hobby(second, shooting!):flame: :spaceship

4. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

well what i got right now is a 84 honda 110/ a honda 125 fourtrax thats a 85/ and a 1971 honda ct 70 trail bike and a 86 pw 50. but i have owned 1980 110 honda / a 82 odessy/ a 1980 rm 100/ 1980 rm 80 / 1982 and 83 rm80/ and a 82 kawasaki kdx 80 /and a 1980 rm 400/ and two street bikes a 1979 kz 400 / and a 1985 gs 650 oh i had a 1980 ds 80/ but the one i like the most was old yeller that was my 1980 RM 400 it was bad to the bone. hey dodge got any riden pictures .:right:

5. you've had some sweet rides tommy!

I have a few rideing pic's, but my scanner isnt working, I need to that the computer to my computer guy soon, when I do I'l post some pics, by the way, what your opinion on ATC-110's(since you've had one) I good,bad, ok,?? I've worked on alot of 110's, I always like hearing about them.

6. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

can't say anything but had some good times on them and plane to have many more.i like it cause it is so light and small yet it has all the power you need . not to mention it can get around the trees in the swamp really well. tough little engine too. run forever.i picked one up for a hundred dollars can't beat that don't know why they outlawed them they are only as danderouse as the driver wants them to be. i have riden a coulpe of 200,a 200 s is a rael nice one too . i find the big reds started getin to big . kinda defeating the purpose of being light and menooverable. i know that ain't how you spell it but i'm not a secretary he he

7. 110

glad to hear u like 110's, I love em myself, I've left my buddies rideing $4000+ quads stuck on the main trail wile i go off roading(no trail at all) now thay want to buy 3 wheelers! check out this site www.3wheelerworld.com im on there under the name hillbillyATC-110:full: :joker:

8. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

hey thanks dodge thats a really cool site.now i can post some pictures maybe

9. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

this is my boy on his 1984 honda 110 he was crossing a little bayou it was about 4 foot deep he was floating it across

Attached Files:

10. sweeet!

cool pic! did he water in the carb?? from the photo it looks like the engine is under water, did it make it through with out stalling?.:uzi: :cop:

11. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Bah. I used to have a ATC 90 and hated it. The 3 wheelers may be tolerable on flat ground, but they will try to buck you off if you drive anywhere bumpy. The truth is some 4 wheelers are ok, 3 wheelers suck, and 2 WHEELERS RULE!

12. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

no it did not stall i sealed all of the wires with sylicone and the carb was ok cause he wasn't under long enough for it to get in there they should run for a few minutes under the water. and yes klause they are unstable for rideing them like a motorbike .but if you use them for what they are made for they are nuthin but fun they were made for the mud not a dirt track.unless you got a 250r or a 350 then you got a dirt track trike.they are fun to.hey slause is that your gun in the picture?

13. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

hey dodge i think the 110 and 90 are the only hondas that can run under the water without installing a snorkle kit.you air intake for your carb is under your tank where your forks mount to the frame so unless you put the tank under water it will not suck up waterand the float level on them with 135 pound personis well under the tank. just check to make sure your breather tube is still conectedon the inside of the frame. it runs from the breather box all the way to the highest point of the frame.oh and make sure your plug wire is saeled up good . and it should go through what ever you want it to.

14. cool!

that's news to me tommy, never know that(but glad i do) klaus you said you had ONE atc-90, not a dozen like me, once you get used to the feel of one it's like rideing a bike, I live in upstate NY, we got lot's hills up here, and I've never had a time I couldnt follow a quad on a trike. I call it "the dark side of off roading". klaus "bump you off if you ride anywhere bumpy"??? well maybe if you going 30mph over bumps then yes, atc-90 and atc-110 dont have shocks, atc-125M,atc-185,atc-200,atc-250, all have front shocks(atc250 has rears also) klaus you've apperntly havent had much experience with trikes, if you did you'd think other wise.

15. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

hey dodge i thought the 185s was the first one to have shockes in the fronti didn't know the 125m had them. i could be wronge though. just ckeckin.

16. yep'

yep the 125M does have shocks in the front(not in the rear though) it also has front breaks,eletc start, I like em even more then 110', because there about the same size and the 125m has the eletc start,shocks, and front breaks and there still a nice size for going off road:assult: :fuss:

17. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

your right i had to go back and think for a while. do you know of any body on the internet that sells pistons and rings and other three wheeler parts like that . i gotta rbuiled my 110. it is kinda smokin a little. needs a piston and ring job

18. no prob.

try www.atvparts.com I just re-built my 84 110, did rings,valve gides, honeing, and a gasket kit, cost about $70 total.

19. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Actually, I said BUCK you off, not bump you off. I do agree that the balloon tires are pretty good in mud. Around here we have lots of woods and few swamps. I tried the ATC on several trails, and every time one of the back wheels would hit a pothole or root, the bike would try to launch me. And yes, that is me in the photo and my M17 Bushpup.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2002
  20. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

thats what year the one i'm goin to rebuild.it's the one in the
    picture. thats a real good price though. i will check them out. hey klause thats a nice gun it matches you. what caliber is it.