close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

30-30

Discussion in 'Marlin' started by BudW, Feb 14, 2014.

1. BudW

BudW G&G Evangelist

Whats the difference between 336 sold at Wal Mart vs gun store besides price

2. kswat07

kswat07 G&G Enthusiast

Not much really. The one Walmart usually carries is a 336w. Its still a very good rifle.

Posted From Gun & Game Mobile!

jwrauch and TXplt like this.

3. Tack Driver

Tack Driver G&G Evangelist

Well all the newer ones are made by Remington. They sure have gone up in price over the years (but hasn't everything?) I'd prefer to have an older one. Mine was made in the 80's and given to me by my dad as my first deer rifle when I was 12. And that is one gun I will NEVER sell!

PAPA G and TXplt like this.
  4. deadzero

deadzero G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Not a thing.

Box stores buy guns by the truck loads (as in 18 wheelers) in one purchase and get a price break.

gun shops might buy a case or two at the most and pay a higher price.

That's all.

PAPA G, BaserRonin and TXplt like this.
  5. variolamajor

variolamajor G&G Evangelist

Correct - they are the same guns. If you read Remington's quarterly statements you will see that Walmart is their largest distributor of guns and ammo accounting for more than 20% of their annual sales. :22:

PAPA G and BaserRonin like this.
  6. Sav .250

Sav .250 G&G Evangelist

All things being equal (model ) Nothing. Except the price many vary.

7. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

TXplt likes this.
  8. I have a 1983 Marlin 3030, shoots MOA with Federal Fusion 150gr. Its a keeper. I thought it was an 86 till I ran the serial number again.

neophyte and jwrauch like this.
  9. Tried your Custom Parts for Marlins, it said "Page Not Found" :(

rando likes this.
  10. You gotta click on the Grizzly Custom Guns Logo !...............

11. I did. I clicked on your link and that’s what I got, plus a 404 error message. I will try again later.

12. Click on this Logo !..................
    Logo-New.png

neophyte likes this.
  13. Artbrownsr

Artbrownsr G&G Evangelist

Alaska
    I just get a larger picture.

jwrauch likes this.
  14. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

https://grizzlycustom.com/
    here is their home page.

click on the three line box looking thing in the upper right hand corner, then scroll down the box that pops up to parts.

jwrauch likes this.
  15. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Nice guns.

16. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

they better be for that price.

it's too bad it takes a custom maker to put together what Marlin used to be able to do in the factory for 3-400$

17. Held Fast

Held Fast G&G Evangelist

Okinawa
    While I like to look at pictures of Grizzly Guns as much as the next fella ... I'm not certain if you took a new 336BL ($516), added an action/trigger job, through bolt-stock system, XS rail & rings, and cerakote job, you'd get to $2250 as fast as they do on their 336 Outdoor Guide Scout. Personally, I'd probably just add a Skinner set to it, hand it to a competent smith for a little stone work on the action, and spend the remaining $1600 on ammo over the course of a few lifetimes, and call it good, or skip the smith and shoot a few hundred rounds through it until the trigger settles in. I picked up a pawn shop 336 (JM) for under $300, un-bubba'd it, found a beautifully figured stock hidden under a rattle can attack, lovingly rubbed it with the right things in the right places, and now have a drop dead gorgeous, smooth cycling 336 for just at $300 outlay plus my time. You can't buy a story at Wal-mart.

MoDoc and neophyte like this.