Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick question. Thinking sbout getting a 300 Blackout upper for my AR is it worth the effort. Not really into guns I have no use for. I understand the 300 in 110 grain is pretty good for Texas size deer and pigs out to about 200 yards?

·
Premium Member
4,556 Posts
I haven't used mine for hunting yet but have dropped a skunk and a few coyote with mine. I do like it.

·
Premium Member
10,911 Posts
Haven't used that round for hunting, but a lgs told me he's selling more and more of them. He said several of the guys buying them told him they were going to hunt with them.

Seems to really be gaining in popularity.

·
<------------<<<-
4,062 Posts
I'd say 300blk is a better deer round than 223. I have put 100rds through my pistol so far and really like it. In a rifle, it's basically a 30-30. 200 yards might be its max effective range on deer and pigs.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
the 110 they are talking about is a black nosed bullet Nosler [I think it was] put out for reloading.
most 110's are for varmints.

the sierra 130/Hornady 120 would be a good deer/pig option.
I know some guy's down in Texas that night hunt the Pigs with suppressed 300's using 200-230gr cast bullets.
they do just fine.

·
Registered
9,704 Posts
the 300 BLK is a great deer / hog cartridge. I have never killed anything past 100 yds with mine but some people do. it is NOT a long range big game caliber though. think of it as a light 7.62x39 which is a light .30/30.
my bullet weight preference for deer & hogs is 120 - 130 grs. my favorite bullet is the Hornandy 125 gr. SST. it has accounted for the most 1 shot kills of any bullet I have used. to get the "most" from the little 300 BLK, reloading is best. right now factory ammo is expensive and fairly limited.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts