Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been reading a little on the subject and wanted to see if any of you guys knew how much longer (if any) the weatherby's barrel would last over the RUM. I had originally decided on the RUM until I read about the barrel life, but if the weatherby will last longer I can live without the extra 100-200 fps. The gun will be a remington 700 SPS if that matters. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Best of luck to you dougestyle.:nod: I can't answer your question...but I'm confident somebody here with plenty of experience will try.

I do have a Rem 700 BDL in 30-06 which I only have one barrel for...and it'll be used next month deer hunting in northwestern Missouri. Haven't shot that many rounds through it...but I'm confident it will get the job for me.

FYI...it isn't used for target practice on a regular basis so most of the year it's in my gun cabinet lonely for more action. :kinky: But I do have several other rifles there to keep it company.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I do have the impression that the Weatherby would have longer barrel life by cartridge design, but that's assuming all other factors are equal. The exact metal and treatment of metal used in the barrels will probably make a bigger difference, as close as they are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts