close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.303 Ammo

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SteveG, May 28, 2002.

1. SteveG

SteveG G&G Newbie

Omaha
    While I was shooting my No 4 yesterday, I was wondering if there is a listing of non-corrosive primers used in .303 ball ammo similar to the one for .30 M2.

I was shooting some FN 50 ball and it shot wonderful! Due to the limitations of my range, I had to shoot @ 25m and I was getting 1-2 inch groups.

Thanks for any help!

Steve G

2. WyrTwister

WyrTwister G&G Newbie

Do not worry about corrosive ammo , clean with something that smells od ammonia .

25 meters , can not tell much about anything at that range . Should almost put them in the same hole , eyesight permitting .

Wyr
    God Bless

3. SteveG

SteveG G&G Newbie

Omaha
    I agree about the grouping at 25m, but that is the limitation of my range. I always use Sweet's 7.62 at the range before I go home, that way I don't have to worry about anything.

Since there is a non-corrosive chart for .30-06, I was just curious about a similar chart for .303.

Steve G in NE

4. The Rock

The Rock G&G Newbie

My answer was simple reload. I have tried to find such a list with a little success. But not for too much after WWII . I bought a10,000 piece lot of old Egyptian beat up 303 for componets (the bullets) $90.00 with shipping. With the cases I have saved for reloading around 1,000 and the government surplus powder from a gun show. I get a good tight group at 100 m. My eyes are not that good any more to do better. But will almost drive nails with scope. I have 1 new barrel for NO. 4 MK1 in stainless that I don't need anymore will sell @ cost. First $350.00 .

If interested E-mail <therealrock@hotmail.com>

5. SteveG

SteveG G&G Newbie

Omaha
    Thanks for the advice. I have thought of reloading for the .303, but I want to concentrate more on my M1 at the present moment.
    I lots of .30-06 brass, and no boxer primed .303. Well, not yet anyway.

Steve G in NE