close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

308 Questions

Discussion in 'Saiga' started by animalspooker, Oct 10, 2012.

1. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

SEMO
    Saiga 308? What am I looking for and where do I look? I dont' want to spend an arm and a leg. I want something strictly for self defense, 16" bbl that I could put into a Kushnapup stock if I like the way my current Saiga 12/Kush turns out.

Even if I don't like the Kush, I still want a S308 for home defense, but what do I need to look for? I see prices from 600 to infinity?

2. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Find the best price you can on a brand new one from ISZMASH arms, through a local FFL.

Once you have it, shoot it, and see if you can stand the trigger position. If so, you are good to go.

If not, then either sell it or convert it.

One caution: the chamber on the one I shot was VERY tight, and would not take reloaded ammo. Only factory new ammo would chamber.

3. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

SEMO
    I'll tell you 10, I recently put Saiga 12 in the Kushnapup stock...it was pretty cool. Not nearly as flimsy as I thought. I'm thinking of putting one together with a Saiga 308.

4. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

I understood that from your first Post, but a SAIGA 12 and a SAIGA .308 are NOT the same animal.

The .308 is the same as the 7.62x39, with a longer chamber. The "Sporter" modifications they have to do to import it, so it won't look like an "ugly black AK47," puts the trigger at a weird angle that makes you almost have to lift up on it to fire it. I did NOT like it.

I own and shoot a LOT of .308s, and wanted to have the SAIGA in the collection. It functions fine, but is not easy to shoot in it's factory configuration.

5. BadHabit

BadHabit G&G Newbie

Yeah, I have the same preference opinion on the stock trigger positrion on the saiga rifles. I have the conversion kit sitting in my room as we speak waiting on me to do the conversion.

6. Happyguy

Happyguy G&G Newbie

I shoot both the 12 and 308 and have them in Ace folding stocks, both are great to shoot and the 308 is much more accurate than I expected. The 308 has a 16" barrel with the AK break on it, hardly any recoil probably about the same as my ARs. David