Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experiance shooting WOLF .308 ammo through a DPMS rifle? I have shot WOLF .223 through both of my BUSHMASTER AR-15's in the past and in chewed through the AMMO without any issues. Just curious as when I contacted DPMS customer service about using this AMMO, the highly recommend me to go with a US produced AMMO. I am just looking for some cheap rounds to plunk with on the weekends. I can't afford to spend $20 for every clip I shoot. :feedback:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Steel cased ammo isn't the best for ARs, but some use it without trouble. I'd say try a box and see how it does. Copper plated and polymer coated is better than laquered.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I shot wolf ammo one time in my Dpms panther .223 and Ruger Mini 14. Never again. I had to take the Dpms home and knock the empty shell out with a gun cleaning rod.(didn't know for sure if their was a live one in the chamber and didn't want to look down the barrel to find out without a mirror). The Ruger would get stuck and I had to single shoot it. ( Got tired of that real quick.) Horrible experience and not one I hope to ever have again. Wolf is good for SKS, AK and Makarov calibers (9X18). Everything else PEEEEEEU. I might try their .45 auto in my Smith 1917 someday but haven't yet.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
i like wolf they make fine ammo for the price . but my rule is if it cost me over a thousand dollers i feed it good ammo .

·
Registered
4 Posts
The DPMS owners manual says not to use WOLF. That being said I have put 1240 rounds through my DPMS bull 20 with out a hitch. I believe the bad reputation comes from the old laquer coated stuff. The new Wolf ammo is poly coated and works well in my DPMS. I have no experience with the .308 only the 5.56. Wolf has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, buy 20 rounds, shoot it, if you do not like it send the remaining ammo and pick up the used brass and send it back to WOLF with a receipt and they will refund your money. Again, people are talking about the old laquer coated green cased stuff. It was messy and did not feed well. The new poly coated grey cased stuff is awesome for the money and the only downfall I have found is I can't save the cases and reload them. I just wish people that aint used the new stuff would hold there comments until they had. I would not use the OLD STUFF, the new stuff if someone dont like it they can give it to me, I'll shoot it and smile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts