Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an older laptop that I posted on Craigslist to trade for a hand gun. One possibly taker has a .32 Savage. I'm pretty much ignorant on guns and wonder if anyone would offer there opinion on this gun... approx value...quality etc. The only they they can tell me about it is in excellent condition and age stamped on it is Nov 21 1905
thanks!

Please see attached photo

Attachments

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
I would'nt

You are not, in my opinion, getting something worth having as a firearm. Also, it has two major drawbacks. One, the caliber is anemic. Two, if something goes wrong it is probably wrecked as parts would be just about impossible to find.

However, this is a forum and I realize you will get other viewpoints.

·
Registered
741 Posts
They were nicely made pistols and have some collector value. If it is in good condition I would consider it.

The caution about parts is correct.

The .32 ACP cartridge may be "anemic," but lots of people are pushing up daisies as a result of being shot by one.

The picture is not too good. The pistol looks like a Model 1907. If it is really in excellent condition, it is worth no more than $300, unless it is one of the rarer military contract guns made for France or Portugal.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
I agree with rfc. The small Savage pistols do have collector value but not like the better known mfgs.
Parts for most old guns are hard to come by but should the need ever arise you will find them with a little perserverance.
The .32 ACP is simply a small caliber with limited energy. The Italians used the .32 as a war time side-arm and the Brits still use them for law enforcement. As a self defense weapon it will fare well with hollow points or other tactical cartridges. Stay away from FMJ's for self defense purposes...that would sort of be like getting shot with a BB Magnum.
Depending on the valueyou haveon your laptop, I'd consider the trade...shoot it first if the trader will let you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts