Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what opinions people had on what game this is good for.

How does it compare to, say, 308?

Muzzle energy is about the same as a 30-30, says my charts, but momentum would definitely be higher.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The .35 Remington is popular in the Northeast where a deer hunter might stumble onto a bear - both seasons run together up here. The heavier .35 bullet is better at anchoring a black bear, although plenty bears are killed every year with the .30-30 and with shotguns loaded with slugs.

At the close ranges in the wooded Northeast you really don't need a 300 yd. round like the .308. Tree stands are common and most shots are under 100 yards.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
It is very popular in my native Upstate New York. It seems to hit harder than a 30-30. Just food for thought I bring my Marlin 45-70 with me when I hunt up there, some of the bears can get large.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have a 35Rem in a Contender. It is great for shooting steel at 200yds. You can load spitzer projectiles in the single shot, which gives a better selection. Many firearm magazines have blessed the cartridge for short range, 200 yds, hunting. Although I have not use it for deer hunting, many friends swear by it. It virtually replaced the 357 Herret in a Contender.
Indy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts