350 Legend shooters

Discussion in 'General Rifle' started by redcaddy51, Sep 27, 2020.

1. redcaddy51

redcaddy51 G&G Evangelist

I purchased a 350 legend PSA AR upper, for my Anderson lower and test fired it a while back. Accuracy was acceptable, for a deep woods deer gun. I bought 2 aftermarket magazines, modified 2- 30 round mags and 100 rounds of factory ammo, various bullet weights. A 2-7 Olympic scope finished it nicely.

A little tuning and slicking later she runs like the proverbial train. I was re arranging the safe today and got to wondering if anybody else was working with this unit.

Does this round do anything better than the stuff I already have?

It appears to be just a long, straight walled case with a .223 body diameter and a .223 head. (OK, not really straight but nearly, and not really 35 caliber but close.)

Is it ever gonna be a 1/2 MOA tack driver?

How does it compare to the 444 Marlin?

Any reloading data around?

Opinions, stories, bragging, outright lies etc.?

RED

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    46camper likes this.
  2. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Maybe, and a big maybe if IL ever approves straight wall in lieu of slugs, muzzle loader and pistol for deer hunting.

To JDI, Just do it, probly not. Too much other stuff going on. That all said, if we. Went straight wall, I have an 1895 45-70.

I’m excited for and supportive of anyone interested in the platform. I’m not against it by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game

3. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 <------------<<<-

It kind of falls into the 300blk class. What's it do better? It shoots heavier bullets, and it falls under the straight-wall rules for hunting.

As far as the 444, I'd say the only leg up it has is less recoil. The 444 stomps the 350 in every other way.

Load Data: hodgdonreloading.com

blaster likes this.
  4. 46camper

46camper G&G Evangelist

US
    I have the .350 ledgend in a bolt action . It is a good shooting rifle .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Jim Rau

Jim Rau G&G Evangelist

Has anyone offered the 350 L in a good lever gun yet???

6. 46camper

46camper G&G Evangelist

US
    No lever guns in .350 Ledgend . That I know of. Henry makes a single in .350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Might be fun is Savage brought it out in a Model 99.

8. Jim Rau

Jim Rau G&G Evangelist

I would like to see a Marlin 336 in 350 L!!!;) With a 16 in bbl.

austinjoe13 likes this.
  9. redcaddy51

redcaddy51 G&G Evangelist

All yous guys seem to want this cartridge in other platforms, what's the draw? Mine works fine in the platform it was designed for. Higher capacity magazines readily available as well as the legally mandated 3 and 5 shot.

I'm a big fan of the Marlin 336, but the 444 seems perfect. My 1895 45-70's cover the big hole end and the 1894 converted to 35 Herrett well covers the 30-30 end of the scale. I guess I'm still seeking the golden gun...

RED

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  10. A Browning BLR wouldn't be a bad option either

11. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game mobile app