Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Would anyone have some handloads for 145-147 grain lead coated or plated / jacketed projectiles in .357 Sig?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
give us some powders you have on hand, or can get.
ADI?
but the numbers ain't the same as here so we gotta do a crossover.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apologies for the delay in replying. Have not had access to a computer. Have a quantity of AP100. I have been using this powder in 9mm, I have also looked at the plated HP 180grain projectile that Tigershark (Australian company) makes for the 357 Sig. Has anyone used a 180grain projectile in the .357 sig if so could they let me know what handload they used?

Again Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
9,526 Posts
Has anyone handloaded the Sig with 180 grain projectiles?

Thanks
I have not used a 180gr in a 357Sig. I have my Dillon Press set up to shoot a 125gr cast lead coated bullet over a close to max charge of Accurate No. 9.

I would think the 180gr would be a bit to large for the 357 Sig case. the 125 is the optimal bullet weight for it. I tried a dozen or so 147fmjs that I had left over from loading some 9mm and I think I used Unique for those loads. Been about 6 or so years since I have done it.

The 125gr load I use is 12.8gr of Accurate No.9. The website states 11.7grs as starting and a max charge of 13gr. I don't remember if I ran these over a chronograph and I don't have anything written down so I doubt I did. They shoot very accurately from my Sig P229 and they Kill Jack Rabbits(Hare) with authority. Blew the lungs out the exit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts