.357 Sig

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Benny, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Benny

Benny Guest

I've got a Glock 22 with a .357 SIG barrel and I was wondering if you guys have any preferences in ammunition. Particularly I'd like to hear from LE to see what they use and is street proven. Thanks for any input you guys have!

Benny

2. dave375hh

dave375hh Guest

Benny,

I have a Glock 32 as does my LEO buddy and Speer 125 GR gold dots are the best factory load now availible. Honestly everything I've tried so far has shot quite well, including my reloads. The reloads include a Powerpistol load that goes 1420fps and still shoots 2 1/2" @ 25yds.

Check out M.D. Smith's reloading pages at www.reloadammo.com he has reloading data for the .357sig there in addition to the manuals.

3. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Bingo, Dave hit it on the head. I carried the SigSauer SP2340 when I was a deputy on the TX-Mex border. We were issued the Speer Gold Dot. I carry 40SW Glock 23 now on duty, but I still carry Speer Golddot....

4. Benny

Benny Guest

Thanks guys. I'll be getting a chance to do some reloading this spring so I'll see if I can come up with any good loads. If I do I'll let you guys know.

Benny

5. dave375hh

dave375hh Guest

Benny,

Whatever dies you decide on, I'd recomend the Redding taper crimp die used as a seperate operation. The .357sig headspaces on the case mouth not the shoulder. I setup my dies so they don't set the shoulder back and use the taper crimp die to hold the bullets tight. This has worked perfectly so far, no set back at all.

6. Benny

Benny Guest

Awesome, thanks. That's good to know. I'm sure knowing that will save me lots of grief.

Benny