close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.365 (9x18) cast bullets resized to .356 (9x17)

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by MSW, Mar 16, 2002.

1. MSW

MSW G&G Newbie

Would it be safe to resize a Makarov RN 95 grain cast bullet down to .356 and use it to reload 9 x 17 cases (380 acp). I normally reload for my 9 x 18 Mak but would like to do reloading for my 9 x 17 Mak as well. I ran a couple of Mak .365 bullets through a .356 sizing die and they seemed to measure out O.K. at .356 using a caliper. I don't have a mold to cast for 9 x 17 (380 acp). If resizing works, I could cast for both guns with one mold. Has anyone tried it.

M.

2. Eagle Guns

Eagle Guns G&G Newbie

Maine
    *I don't see any problem.I have resized .32 cal bullets down to .30 cal to reload 7.62X25 and it worked fine.

3. jarcp

jarcp G&G Newbie

On that issue of resizing .32 to .30. What resizer are you using? what type of bullets? Did your accuracy suffer any? Are there any marks left on the bullets after resizing them? I have been looking for some good HP's for my CZ-52 and haven't been able to find any. Hornaday has some, but I'm not real impressed with their preformance.

4. Eagle Guns

Eagle Guns G&G Newbie

Maine
    jarcp,the bullets I used are Bull-X 100 gr. Sized .313 Semi Wad Cutters ( LEAD ) resized them to .311.Seem to work OK made nice clean holes in paper targets.
    At the time (about 5yrs ago) I got the bullets from Midway.I don't know if they still carry the Bull-X brand.
    I would not try to resize jacketed bullets .

5. So, where do you get the .365 cast at?? I could us esome for my 9.3 x 57R stalker rifle (.366 bore).

6. MSW

MSW G&G Newbie

I cast my own lead bullets with the Lee Makarov bullet mold. I think you can purchase commercial cast or jacketed bullets in .365 from Montana Gold, Oregon Trail or National Bullets.

M.