375 WEATHERBY

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by AKROADKILL, May 15, 2008.

1. AKROADKILL

AKROADKILL Guest

DOSE ANY ONE OUT THERE SHOOT ONE IM JUST WONDERING. IVE BEEN HUNTING WITH MINE FOR 12 YEARS I HAVE LOADED A LOT OF LOADS WITH IT AND WITH 90GR OF 760 ON A 300 GRAIN BULLET GETING A TAD BIT UNDER 3000 FPS AND WITH A 260 NOS ACUBOND WITH THE SAME LOAD A LITTLE OVER 3200 FPS I HAVE OTHER LOAD IF ANYONE IS INTRESEAD IN THIS CAL:scool:

2. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

I own and hunt with a .375 H&H, which is slightly behind the .375 Weatherby, and I'm having a hard time believing the velocities that you are claiming to have achieved with the Weatherby, The fastest I have seen anyone push a 300 grain bullet out of a .375 Weatherby, is around 2800 FPS, what kind of 300 grain bullet are you shooting? And the fastest I have seen a 260 Accubond, is around 3000 FPS. Now, I could believe this if you were using a .378 Weatherby, but a .375 Weatherby just won't cut the mustard.

3. AKROADKILL

AKROADKILL Guest

i can tell you for a fact through tring diff loads for it and three of my freinds hunt with a 375 weatherby to and two of them are hunting guides here in alsaska who i have loaded for there rifles and have gotten close to same vel in the congraph. the only one that was less with a interarms mark 10 with a 20 barrel geting 2500 fps with a 300 grain nos partion with 90 gr of 760. another load i have used as a starting load and never change becuase it shot good was a barnes 250 xb with 80 gr of imr 4064 getting 2950 with it. i know i could improve the velc a bit but the acrucy was there. so i stuck with it. all of the reloading info i seen for this cal was 375 h&h vel and i started there as a begaining in to loading for the 375 weatherby. i have tried nos par hornday and kodiak bonded core bullets in 300 grain.

4. sell33

sell33 G&G Enthusiast

wow that is almost 223 velocity on a 260 gr. bullet that is straight up haulin *** that should do some work lol

5. AKROADKILL

AKROADKILL Guest

I HAVE SHOT TWO MT GOATS WITH IT TWO BLACK BEARS AND TWO MOOSE AND 6 BLACKTAIL DEER WITH IT. LAST FALL HUNTING ON KODIAK I HUNTED WITH MY 280REM AND WISHED I HAD MY 375. SEEN BEARS EVERY DAY THEY WENT BY OUR CAMP EACH NIGHT. WE COULD HERE THEM OUT THERE AND THEY NEVER DID TOUCH ANY OF OUR DEER MEAT. PRETY LUCKY. I LOVE THE 375. THIS FALL IM GOING TO USE MY 300 WSM CARIBOU HUNTING AND GRIZZ HUNTING AND MABY MOOSE TWO. MOST RELOADING BOOKS DONT GIVE THE 375 WEATHERBY ANY NOTICE AND THE ONES THEY DO ARE H&H LOAD.

MY FRIEND THAT SHOOT A 375 WEATHERBY SHOOT A 69 IN BULL MOOSE TWO YEARS AGO WITH NOS 260 BALISTIC TIP AND SHOT THE MOOSE THREE TIME AND IT DID NOT GO DOWN SO HE SLIPED IN 300 GRAIN NOS PARTION AND DROPED IT WITH THAT SHOT. THE 260 BALISTIC TIPS HE SAID WHERE SHRAPNEL. THEY DIDNT HOLD TOGETHER AT ALL. SINCE THEN HE HAS TRIED MY LOAD ON THE 260 ACUBOND AND LOVES IT.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  6. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

There is a lot I dont know about your load,and how you came up with your fps,but from what I do know,frankly,you frighten me. sam.

7. AKROADKILL

AKROADKILL Guest

ALL I DID I DID SOME READING ON 375WEATHERBY LOADS AND H&H AND SLOWLY WORKED UP FORM THERE. TRYING DIFF POWDERS AND BULLETS CONORAPHING THEM AND THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAD WAS ON THE KODIAK BONDED CORE 300 GRAIN IS INSTEAD OF 90 GR OF W760 THE BOLT WAS A LITTLE STICKY SO I BACKED DOWN TO 88GR 0F 760 AND IT WAS JUST FIINE. THE KODIAK BONED CORE HAS A TOUGHER THICKER JACKET THAN THE NOSLER OR HORNDAY. THE RIFLE A IM SHOOTING IS A REM 700 BDL REMED OUT TO 375 WEATHERBY AND IT HAS A 24 INCH BARREL.

IT IS HARD TELLING NOT KNOWING,BUT BY KNOWING YOU CAN TELL (G.LACOMBE)
    I STARTED CAREFULLY WORKING WITH LOADS AND WOULD NOT RECOMEND SOME ONE TRYING ONE WITH OUT STARTING OUT LIKE I DID. THE GUN SMITH THE CHAMERED MY FIRST 375 TOLD ME THAT HE HAS ONE WITH A 26IN BARREL AND GOT AMAZIN VEL WITH IT. HE WOULD NOT TELL ME ANY OF HIS LOAD EXCEPT FOR A STARING LOAD OF 88GR OF IMR 4350 SO THAT WAS THE FIRST LOAD AND I WAS GETTING 2852 AVRG FPS WITH A 300 GRAIN NOS PAR. SO I STARED FROM THERE AND THE REST IS HISTORY.