Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
I need some! This reminds me I need to look! My Papa gave me his Browning pistol that shoots 380! I need to post pictures because it's an interesting little gun. Part of it says Browning, then has a PB stamp for Beretta, then says Italy and Belgium.
It was brand new when he bought it in the 80s.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I just checked out Ammo inc's website to do a little background check on the company. It looks like they have some ties to NASCAR. Rusty Wallace and Richard Childress are on their board of directors, and they have a DoD contract.
About AMMO, Inc. - Ammo Inc.

Reactions: 60942 and neophyte

·
Registered
538 Posts
They aren't one of those fake noose hangin A-holes are they? Lol
Someone should have beat the heck out of that guy like it was the 70s. I'm sure back then his butt would've kicked behind a garage somewhere by the other drivers 😂

·
Wonderment :)
36,523 Posts
information: The “noose” 😳. another ploy! Manipulating an injustice where it fits an advertising scheme.
For all fisher=persons tie the “noose”; must be; a racial motivation

Of course, no one was responsible for any sort of a heinous act, hence why Phelps regrets the wording of this statement. With nothing confirmed at the time and with nothing having come of what turned out to be a garage door pull, NASCAR could have prevented some loss of credibility by adding that word, and Phelps understands that.
But unfortunately, suffice it to say that even if the wording had been different, there still would have been the backlash against Wallace suggesting that he was in on it from the start, which we know not to be true given how the situation unfolded from start to finish

Font Darkness Screenshot Number Circle

·
Wonderment :)
36,523 Posts
information: Historically I research; Personally; I find prices are astronomical 😳
This morning on FOX. They did a segment on California new gun sales fro 2019 til now
687,+++ thousand new sales
The boom for ammo The boom for firearms across the nation!
Our local (Hyatt ) largest in the country has empty shelves on new handguns

folks; it’s crazy. I do hope these “new” are practicing and practicing safety

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well Dang!
Good price (for theses days) AND in stock?....got a good spot in the USA, brother!
Around here .380 is almost as real as a unicorn....just stories of sighting, but no proof.
I'm thinking about shooting a few rounds this weekend to see how the Ruger LCP likes it. That will determine whether I buy anymore or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am from USA. Glad to join this forum. I am an outdoor sportsman who love hunting & camping. Can anyone let me know which is best place for hunting in USA. What is best ammo for deer hunting.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Got the SG ammo email today and did additional research on 380. And I want to point out some BIG differences in these web sites BIG differences in cost. AmmoSeek.Com has by far the cheapest 380 anywhere, as cheap as 37cents per round in bulk.

The ammo listed by the OP appears to be just normal HP ammo, $16 per 20 rounds is 80 cents per round. The ammo listed by SG ammo historically is bulk ammo and priced accordingly but not so lately. Staying with known brands for example, the S and B is good stuff, I have been shooting it in many calibers for more than 30 years. Two years ago I bought 10 boxes for about $14 a box at Sportsmans Guide and that was a few months into Covid. None to be found now. The current add from SG is for PMC which I have also fired for 30 or more years in many calibers, good stuff but this is ball ammo. That is 68 cents per round, bulk. Not good.
300 Round Battle Pack - 380 Auto 90 Grain FMJ PMC Ammo - 380ABP
$203.70 Each - Free Shipping
Very limited supply on this item. Just one pallet came in yesterday, it will not last long.

The S and B which I prefer is also 68 cents per round, sounds like price fixing to me.

• Share this

$33.95

Quantity:

$12 Flat rate shipping for orders under $200,
Free shipping on orders of $200+
Quantity in Stock:68

This product can not be shipped to the following states: California
QUANTITY PRICING
20 or more$32.95
That is $34 for a box of 50. The $16 ammo the OP listed is $16 for 20 but at least those are hollow points. Some may argue with the limited penetration of the 380 that ball is just as effective and the HP ammo, I prefer the HP anyway. I shot a wound deer in the middle of highway once with Federal Hydroshoks and they worked great. FWIW

So, back to BulkCheapAmmo.com . They only list 5 brands of ammo under 50 cents per round. Of course you have to look at shipping to see if it is a better deal, but brands under 50 cents per are: S and B, PMC, CCI Blazer, Winchester and Fiocci, with purchase of single boxes.

AmmoSeek.com has Blazer and Tula ammo for 37 cents each when buying 1,000 rounds. 380 Auto Ammo | Cheap 380 Auto Ammunition - AmmoSeek.com 2022 In fact ammo seek has about 50 brands of 380 ammo for under 50 cents per round.

Anyway, that is the cost of 380 today not cheap. Another thing I noticed is that on Bulk Cheap the cheapest Wolf brand is about 70 cents per round. Ammo seek has several of the import steel case brands for under 40 cents per round.

Just saying, I looked at the 3 sites and prices were all over the place for ball ammo, from 37 cent on Ammo Seek to 68 cents on S and G. Buying bulk or as we do get 2-3 guys to go together and buy bulk will also get you free shipping. These ammo prices for 380 are not going away anytime soon. My 2 cents.

Reactions: neophyte

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Got the SG ammo email today and did additional research on 380. And I want to point out some BIG differences in these web sites BIG differences in cost. AmmoSeek.Com has by far the cheapest 380 anywhere, as cheap as 37cents per round in bulk.

The ammo listed by the OP appears to be just normal HP ammo, $16 per 20 rounds is 80 cents per round. The ammo listed by SG ammo historically is bulk ammo and priced accordingly but not so lately. Staying with known brands for example, the S and B is good stuff, I have been shooting it in many calibers for more than 30 years. Two years ago I bought 10 boxes for about $14 a box at Sportsmans Guide and that was a few months into Covid. None to be found now. The current add from SG is for PMC which I have also fired for 30 or more years in many calibers, good stuff but this is ball ammo. That is 68 cents per round, bulk. Not good.
300 Round Battle Pack - 380 Auto 90 Grain FMJ PMC Ammo - 380ABP
$203.70 Each - Free Shipping
Very limited supply on this item. Just one pallet came in yesterday, it will not last long.

The S and B which I prefer is also 68 cents per round, sounds like price fixing to me.

• Share this

$33.95

Quantity:

$12 Flat rate shipping for orders under $200,
Free shipping on orders of $200+
Quantity in Stock:68

This product can not be shipped to the following states: California
QUANTITY PRICING
20 or more$32.95
That is $34 for a box of 50. The $16 ammo the OP listed is $16 for 20 but at least those are hollow points. Some may argue with the limited penetration of the 380 that ball is just as effective and the HP ammo, I prefer the HP anyway. I shot a wound deer in the middle of highway once with Federal Hydroshoks and they worked great. FWIW

So, back to BulkCheapAmmo.com . They only list 5 brands of ammo under 50 cents per round. Of course you have to look at shipping to see if it is a better deal, but brands under 50 cents per are: S and B, PMC, CCI Blazer, Winchester and Fiocci, with purchase of single boxes.

AmmoSeek.com has Blazer and Tula ammo for 37 cents each when buying 1,000 rounds. 380 Auto Ammo | Cheap 380 Auto Ammunition - AmmoSeek.com 2022 In fact ammo seek has about 50 brands of 380 ammo for under 50 cents per round.

Anyway, that is the cost of 380 today not cheap. Another thing I noticed is that on Bulk Cheap the cheapest Wolf brand is about 70 cents per round. Ammo seek has several of the import steel case brands for under 40 cents per round.

Just saying, I looked at the 3 sites and prices were all over the place for ball ammo, from 37 cent on Ammo Seek to 68 cents on S and G. Buying bulk or as we do get 2-3 guys to go together and buy bulk will also get you free shipping. These ammo prices for 380 are not going away anytime soon. My 2 cents.

ammo seek doesnt sell ammo, its an aggregator website that just searches online distributors and displays pricing info. It also doesn't include shipping. I have use ammo seek alot to find .300 blk. and sometimes youll see what looks like a good deal, until you get to the check out and there is a $25 shipping fee....

sg ammo may not always have the lowest price, but its good stuff, and a good company to work with. I have purchased from them many times and always happy with what i get.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I just checked ammo seek and found this from jg sales which i have also used in the past, not a bad deal if you want to stock up:
Yep. I bought 10 boxes of them about July of 2020, even after covid started. I said above they were about $14 per box, I was wrong. They were $12.54, per 50 wish I have bought more from Sportsmans Guide. In fact there were not delivered for months until Oct 17th, at least they honored the deal and with free shipping. Here is the data from my account.

Sellier & Bellot, .380 ACP, FMJ, 92 Grain, 500 Rounds with .50 Caliber Ammo Can

Delivered 10/17/2020 N/A 1$125.39 Non-returnabl

I have ordered from J and G for years, including guns. At one time they were the importer for the Zastava mini Mauser. I got one in 7.62 x 39 with the Manlicher stock. Have not seen them anywhere in the last few years. A 7.62 bolt gun is a neat one to have, at least when we had cheap Russian ammo. I bought other guns through them also.

Anyway, that J and G price does not include shipping which is $25.49 so the actual price is about 43 cents then with tax 47 cents each. I bought 380 at Bass Pro a few months ago for $21 per box with al limit of 5.

I will just reload what I have and try to stop my Bass Pro and catch them in stock. I have 3 lady family members that I supply the 380 for. So, basically, I bought the exact ammo in July 2020 for $12.50 per box and the J and G price is $25.49 with shipping so they are about double still. And much more everywhere elsewhere. But when Bass Pro has it, it is $21. So, no value for me to order online. Other deals from Bass Pro were not too bad. I also got 9mm for $21 and 45 for $30 both brand names, federal I think on both.

When.I keep hearing that price is coming down on ammo I just have a hard time believing it. Just look at the
SG ammo site today and look at things like 30-30 and 30-06, . 30-06 Federal generic Power Point $40 box. 30-30 Federal standard ammo $40 box. 30-06 Springfield Cartridge | SGAmmo.com These are the $20 ammo you normally find at Walmart. And 7mm mag Federal loaded with generic Sierra Gameking, $56 box? 20 Round Box - 7mm Rem Mag 165 Grain Sierra Gameking Federal Premium Ammo - P7RE | SGAmmo.com Premium ammo loaded with the bear claw is $ 70 box.

Just saying, I do not see prices coming down. Hunting ammo appears to still be at double the price of normal times.

With inflation running at 6% and ammo prices double, I guess we all just need a big pay raise. Oh wait, I am retired and the numbers are fixed. LOL Back to casting bullets and reloading and lots of 22 long rifle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts