close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

400 Corbon or 460 Rowland

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by MikeB, Mar 25, 2002.

1. MikeB

MikeB G&G Newbie

400 Corbon or 460 Rowland?

2. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I have no experience with the .400 corbon,I do have a .460 Rowland,it puts the .45 at around .44 magnum specs. I have found it to be enjoyable to shoot,accurate,and not pounding on the gun. It uses a 22# recoil spring,and a compensator. Barrel is made by Clark Custom Guns. The springs are made by Wolff. I have talked to Johnny Rowland several times,and the man is a genuis.

3. Rocklobster

Rocklobster G&G Newbie

Actually it's a 24-pound recoil spring....and it makes the .400 cor-bon look like a BB gun.

4. azeeb

azeeb G&G Newbie

Anybody know anything about 45 super?

5. wes

wes G&G Newbie

You are right Rock,my hands are 22#,and I had a heck-of-a-time getting that spring in the first time.

6. Rocklobster

Rocklobster G&G Newbie

45 super is a 45 ACP on steroids.Between 45 ACP+P and 10mm ballistically.Case the same outer dimensions as 45 ACP,but more meat in the web area,and the brass is heat-treated differently than standard brass to produce more strength to withstand the higher pressure.

7. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Just for laughs and a little off topic... I know a guy that put 200 rds. of 45super 185gr. through a Ruger p-90 with stellar accuracy and no visible or damaging effects. The Ruger p-90 uses an 11# recoil spring. I disclaim all responsibility for anyone who tries this as this is for information purposes only...

Jesse

Last edited: Mar 27, 2002
  8. azeeb

azeeb G&G Newbie

So what does it really take to convert to 45 super? As far as I can tell the recoil spring and firing pin spring need to be changed. Possibly stiffer springs in the magazines also to keep up with the faster slide cycle. I've seen conversion kits for several hundred dollars advertised on the net, but most of the work they are doing seems unrelated to the actual conversion. Example, beveled mag well, lowered ejection port etc. Are they just trying to make money off of what is really a $20 job?