Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week I bought a brand new shiny ruger blackhawk In 41 rem.mag 6.5" barrel and a box(20) of federal premium vital-shok with the 180gr Barnes expander bullets @ $50.00.
Slowly I have been able to find dies and bullets have a few hundred primers hiding. But I can't find and new /or once fired brass. In-stock any place in the continental USA!
Looking for some help with finding some brass for this cartridge. I have a few items to trade but I we buy if available.

Any help.would be greatlyappreciative
Matt

If this needs moved a mod can move it

·
Premium Member
24,364 Posts
So last week I bought a brand new shiny ruger blackhawk In 41 rem.mag 6.5" barrel and a box(20) of federal premium vital-shok with the 180gr Barnes expander bullets @ $50.00.
Slowly I have been able to find dies and bullets have a few hundred primers hiding. But I can't find and new /or once fired brass. In-stock any place in the continental USA!
Looking for some help with finding some brass for this cartridge. I have a few items to trade but I we buy if available.

Any help.would be greatlyappreciative
Matt

If this needs moved a mod can move it
Have you checked with Brother Bob here on G&G...

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet was giving him a few days

·
Premium Member
24,364 Posts
EDIT: Cooker 300 see conversation/PM

I'll do some looking out at a friends house tomorrow. He told me a couple months ago or more when I was rounding up 41 magnum stuff that he might have some 41 Magnum brass in his tool shed and said if he did I could have it. He used to hunt, shoot, and reload all sorts of stuff, but he's pretty much disabled now. He's gotten rid of probably 90% of his equipment, components, etc. but if he does still have some 41 Magnum brass I'll get it and send it to you and you can send an equal amount back someday when it's not overpriced and backordered. He said if he did have some it would be new Starline cases. It's about 25 miles out in the country and no phone out there, but I can go out there tomorrow afternoon because I need to pull a vacuum on his pickup and see if I can charge his AC anyway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dang, Matt! I just sold 300 rounds of new/unprimed Winchester brass, 100 once fired brass, about 3 weeks ago, along with 300 Remington 200 grain SJHP and 200 Sierra 220 grain Silhouette bullets! I'll do some checking, I MAY have more in the garage. No guarantees.

It, and some other stuff, financed my 243 Mossberg.

Randie
Fort Smith, AR

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@cooker300, Matt my truck just went to the shop. Should have it back by 9 AM in the morning so I'll get you 100 pieces of new Starline 41 Mag. brass in the mail as soon as I can tomorrow.
Sounds good

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I'll keep an eye out - one of the local LGS's had some 41 mag about 3 months ago. It's gone now but they tend to find the unusual stuff quite often.

Ironically, last December, I was looking for a S&W Model 57. It's been on my "bucket list for a while". Lots of folks had the ammo but no one had any guns for 41 Mag. Now I have seen several different 41 Mag guns but the ammo dried up.
And that's actually why I went with a 44 Mag Redhawk. I reload for the 44 mag so I knew I can shoot it.

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you good on bullets?
i don't think i have any jacketed ones, but i could send along some cast bullets if you need them.
give me a hollar.
Ya I'm good on bullets found some plated 210gr on the web so I got some. But thank you again very much

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll keep an eye out - one of the local LGS's had some 41 mag about 3 months ago. It's gone now but they tend to find the unusual stuff quite often.

Ironically, last December, I was looking for a S&W Model 57. It's been on my "bucket list for a while". Lots of folks had the ammo but no one had any guns for 41 Mag. Now I have seen several different 41 Mag guns but the ammo dried up.
And that's actually why I went with a 44 Mag Redhawk. I reload for the 44 mag so I knew I can shoot it.
Ok thanks ya the the 41 has been on my list as well just kinda stumbled on it

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I took the 41 blackhawk to the range for a quick shoot. With some handloads. It shot like I expected it to took 12 rounds and hit a 22" steel plate 10 of 12 times at 50yds. Need a little work with the sights but over all very happy.

Loads were
41 cal 210gr fp plated bullet
18.0gr of win 296
Cci 350 mag primers

·
Premium Member
24,364 Posts
So I took the 41 blackhawk to the range for a quick shoot. With some handloads. It shot like I expected it to took 12 rounds and hit a 22" steel plate 10 of 12 times at 50yds. Need a little work with the sights but over all very happy.

Loads were
41 cal 210gr fp plated bullet
18.0gr of win 296
Cci 350 mag primers
Great, glad you got to shoot it and that it did well...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts