Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a friend with a .410 shotgun, it breaks down into 2 pieces, but is a single shot. he told me it originally was $400 but that was because they had to have it registered.. as i recall registration is free, then he told me it was in cali so... from what hes told me, he thinks its: a remington, single shot, breaks down, and is a .410 ... any ideas on what this could be? hes trying to send pictures but he takes too long so. give it a guess G&G'rs

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Doesn't sound Kosher....
Unless he's refering to a Springfield survival .410/22 whose model name and number escape me at the moment. They catch a high dollar sometimes.

·
Registered
246 Posts
$400 for a single shot .410 does seem kinda high. I'm with Outriderdark on this one, I think what your friend has is a Springfield M6 scout rifle. It's a stamped steel rifle that folds in half and it was originally designed for the Airforce to fit under the pilot seat. It's an ungainly looking thing, but none the less effective.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,594 Posts
Agree with Shaun. Need pic or actual markings from the gun.

I have a $60 single shot break open .410, I'd sure like to see a $400 speciman. A SxS or O/U mabe, but single shot?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts