close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.44 special/ 40s/w

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tommy, May 26, 2002.

1. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

witch one has more stopping power the .44s/w special or the .40s/w

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I DON'T KNOW STATISTICS BUT I'D TAKE THE THE BIG .44 SPEC. WITH HOLLOW POINTS. OF COURSE I'VE NEVER SHOT A .40 AND HAVE SHOT ALOT OF .44 SPEC. AND MAGNUM SO I MIGHT BE A LITTLE BIAS. DON'T SEE MUCH USE FOR THE .40. A LEO FRIEND OF MINE USED TO CARRY A .40 THEN SWITCHED TO THE .357 SIG. HE SAID IT WAS ALOT BETTER THAN THE .40.

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I guess that is why the .40 topped the list of one shot stop percentages, even beating the .357 hollowpoint, though by a small margin.

4. Taken from the Guns and Ammo specs it shows slight edge(very Slight) to the 40 S&W. I share some of the same opinion as NRAJOE. I own a .40 cal (Beretta 96) and it is a very nice gun. But it is not my first choice for a carry weapon. I am a 10mm and .45 man myself. The 40 is a good caliber but not inspiring. I would gladly take it over a 9mm or .380.

5. jarcp

jarcp G&G Newbie

I have to agree with Roy, I'm not real impressed with the .40, the 10mm I am, and the .400 Corbon I really am. the .357 sig, mmmm...nah, I like my 7.62x25 better, loaded with HP's.