Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , wich is the best reload for the 45 long colt caliber with a 240 grains bullet ? it is ok winchester 231 powder ? to use in a Uberti 1873 revolver ,Thanks Riccardo

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Lefty, but these replicas are made for use theme with smokles powder, I think there are no problems to use it with winchester or other types of powder. BR riccardo

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
STOP THE MUSIC!!! STOP THE MUSIC!!!

reread the first message Ricky is asking about Winchester 231 specifically, so lets try to narrow it down, ok!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ricky
What is the manufacturer of the bullet you are going to use? I can't find a 240 gr in a Hornady or Speer manual. My Sierra manual is down stairs. If the bullet is made of lead, I try to keep the velocity between 800fps and 850fps. The lower speeds keep leading of the barrel to a minimum. W231 is a great pistol powder. Unique has almost been the standard for many years. Old Unique was a pretty dirty powder. I understand the newer version is a lot cleaner. The other day I bought some Titegroup by Hodgdon. I have read several articles that claim it is great in 45Colt reloads.
Indy

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Check a reference book before trying any new load.
For me, 5.1 gr. of 231 has been a good load for the .45 LC with a 230 gr. bullet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
zpana

:)
Bookman said:
Check a reference book before trying any new load.
For me, 5.1 gr. of 231 has been a good load for the .45 LC with a 230 gr. bullet.
i tried 5.1 gr. with 230 rn bullet and i did not have enough energy to get the bullet out off the barrel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts