.45acp revolvers

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by PlumberjimC, Jun 20, 2002.

1. PlumberjimC

PlumberjimC Guest

I'm a 1911 shooter, but am starting to search for a Colt and/or a S&W 1917 .45acp revolvers. Suggestions of things to look for? How available are the half-moon clips, and sources? Thanks

2. hipowr

hipowr Guest

I personally like the newer S&W's. I like the full underlug barrel. I'm sure you won't do bad if you find a 1917 in decent overall shape. Just check the timing like you would any other revolver. The clips should be available anywhere. These days you'll probably find more of the full moon clips, but this isn't any real loss. I believe a company called Ranch Product is the main supplier of these things. I usually see them at any gun show also. As good as many 1911's are, its still amazing to see how well the .45 shoots out of a fixed barrel revolver! Good luck!

later,
    AJ

3. duck223

duck223 Guest

Taurus just came out with a new one,it's advertised in the American Rifleman.

4. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Guest

S&W's Performance Center recently came out with a re-pro of the 1917. Beautiful! Gun Parts has full-moon clips (definitely preferable) for $5.50/10.

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Though I'm not a big fan of revolvers that shoot .45 acp I'm gonna collect the whole Tracker series of revolvers by Taurus so I'm gonna have to get one. Who knows, maybe I'll like it!

6. Cyclops

Cyclops Guest

The S&W 625 was recently added to the approved list in CA. I'd like to compare it to this new Taurus I've read very little about but have 'heard' from guys that spoke to guys at the Shot SHow this year that it's a nice piece....:hmmm:

7. S&W .45

HAVE A S&W .45 25-2 JOHN JOVINO WORKED AND CRIMSON TRACE LASER SIGHT EQUIPED. WITH A LITTLE PRACTICE AND FULL MOON CLIPS YOU COULD NOT ASK FOR A MORE SMOOTH COBMINATION.

DANA

8. CANT TYPE

CANT TYPE OR SPELL . BUT CANT BE PERFECT

DANA

9. Cyclops

Cyclops Guest

Does anyone know how the 625 compares w/ the new Taurus 45 acp revolver?

10. Eric

Eric Guest

I have a Webley pistol in 45 acp. It is without a doubt one of the most accurate pistols I own. Like everybody said, the half moon clips are readily availavle, but the full-moon clips make excellent speed loaders. I really like owning a revolver that shoots the same ammo as most of my autos.

11. You guys ever see .45acp in a lever action rifle??

12. hipowr

hipowr Guest

Never seen an ACP lever gun, but I just ordered a .45 ACP upper for my AR. I can't wait to try that puppy out. Screw all those little 9mm carbines :>...

later,
    AJ