close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

45ACP vs 9MM

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by MarkII 22, Aug 20, 2002.

If you could only have one center fire auto pistel would it be a 45ACP or a 9MM

1. 45ACP

33 vote(s)
    86.8%
  2. 9MM

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 G&G Newbie

Will the 9MM work as good as the 45ACP on big dogs/cougers with FMJ bullets? Please vote in the pole on this.

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

its a clear cut majority!!!! i win!!!!

3. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

I'm not gonna get too involved in this, but whatever I have at the time, be it a .45, 9mm, .22, 155mm, mini-gun, grenade, knife, or a big stick, will have to work. Whatever you have will be what you have, so make it count.

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

5. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

I really like the versatility of the 45 :target:

6. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Okay young buck, we''ve done these polls before. Usually leads to a pissing contest. Much like a "war room." Glad you're here at such a young age. As for caliber choice, just put the bullet where it counts. A hit with a nine beats the heck out of a miss w/ a 45!

7. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    .45 because that's what I like.

8. Hangfire

Hangfire G&G Newbie

.45 Me like big bullet..uga..uga.. :)

9. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

If you like to live on the wildside, throw caution to the wind and want to see what it's like on the other side then I see a 9MM in your future...

Stay alive with a .45

10. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I'm able to aim better with a 1911 than any 9mm I've tried. Definitely more powerful, and in my opinion a better choice altogether.

11. BattleRifleG3

Hey, you forgot the mandatory "Mark is stupid and needs a girlfriend" option.

Just kidding.

12. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

Your a HARD man G...:D

13. BattleRifleG3

Come to think of it, Mark tends to think about fighting cougars like I used to talk about fighting grizzly bears. We all have our animal nemeses. Except that I've never been to griz country.

14. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 G&G Newbie

Well BRGE I dont even want a girl friend.When I start thinking about getting a girl is AFTER I have don EVRY other thing I want to do. (Like I"M going to do that :rolleyes:

15. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Hey Mark...where've you been? Haven't seen your posts for about a month or so.

Welcome back.

Oxford

16. My arch-nemesis of the animal kingdom is the coyote (don't like them raiding the garbage cans). Since a clean shot from a .22 Mag kills them dead, the question is moot.

If you like to imagine shooting some kind of zombie/alien that continues to hulk forward seeking horrible vengenance, despite any/all wounds inflicted, then 15 rounds of 9mm is more dramatic.

If I seem sarcastic just lately, I am bracing myself for the flood of former TFL members. These "debates" leave me a bit cold.

BTW, I am stupid and DESPERATELY need a girlfriend.

17. grizzly

grizzly G&G Newbie

Just do the math...Bigger hole=More damage...

18. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 G&G Newbie

hey Ox!!!!
    Ain't ben on here long enugh to post in awile.Ben cutting wood for the winter and working on my Dads truck. Pinion seal wint out and we got to looking at it and one of the pinion bearings needed replaced. Glad To Be Back.

19. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

MarkII 22: Yes, we've missed your presence for the past few weeks. Guess you've got to earn your keep if you want to stay warm this winter. I used to help my dad clear out hedge rows when I was your age. Dxmn those thorns and got plenty of sawdust in my eyes, too. Wasn't fun or easy but it was a necessary evil living on a farm around El Dorado back in the early 50's. Things weren't so much different then as you might think.

Also, you could get your mechanics skills going fast working on stuff you mentioned. Glad to hear you're getting those experiences. You should thank your family for what they're doing for you.

Oxford:nod:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2002
  20. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 G&G Newbie

Yeah guess your right. Got a new saw a few months ago
    a Baileys B-51
    It's about the same as a Solo 651 if you know what that is. go to www.baileys-online.com and look at.