7.62x25 insert for 7.62 x54r chamber

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by Dennis, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    I had a buddy of mine give me some Bulgarian ammunition and it barely fires in his T33 Tokerov
    One In 4 fired at all with only a slight dent in the primer.
    I explained to him that it was machine gun ammo and had thicker primers to avoid preignition...
    It was never intended for a regular pistol... so he gave me the bag...
    I ordered the 7.62 x54r insert to shoot it in my M44 and it shoots perfect every time and at i. The back yard distances its close to point of aim...
    Kinda a gallery load...
    I am shure i could kill a skunk or a Coyote.
    Has anyone else tried this trick.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

MosinRuger likes this.
  2. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Here's a pic [​IMG]

3. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Dennis I would say your friend has a problem with his pistol. I've had 2 of the CZ52 pistols and they fired every sort of surplus ammo that I put through them with an extremely low failure rate, including the Bulgarian. The Yugo surplus was rumored to have hard primers but my CZ52 pistols ate it like it was candy. I had some that had a few split necks etc and I would shoot that as well. I would say my failure rate with any of that stuff was less than 1%...

4. MosinRuger

MosinRuger G&G Evangelist

Colorado
    thats really cool! i remember back when i got my mosin nagant i wanted one of these, then kinda forgot about it. where did you get your chamber insert?

I'd say its more than a gallery load, isnt that some fairly hot pistol ammo?

5. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I have conversions for shotgun shells and have seen the bullet conversion cartridges. I have shot quite a bit of Bulgarian ammo in my two Tokarevs with all firing fine.

ChaZam likes this.
  6. MosinRuger

MosinRuger G&G Evangelist

Colorado
    man now i cant even find any cheap 7.62x25 ammo!

7. ChaZam

Cheap 7.62x25 ammo has been gone for more than a decade, maybe 2 decades. I bought 10's of thousands of rounds a long time ago for $0.05 to $0.08 per round. Then it all disappeared and when it finally reappeared it several times higher than that.

rando, K75RT and MosinRuger like this.
  8. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Well my good friends T33 is a Chinese type53 clone
    Not a Cz52...
    Reguardless it shoots reasonably well through my M44...
    I consider it a win situation.

MosinRuger likes this.
  9. ChaZam

It still should reliably shoot the ammo it was designed for Dennis. That's why I think there is something wrong with his firearm.

10. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    You may be correct my old friend still the gave me a bunch of it and I got the insert now so...
    His Tokerov has shot all the other cartriges he has got for it except these.
    So more bullets and I can convert my M44
    Not a bad deal...

K75RT and ChaZam like this.
  11. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I remember the spam cans of it cheap. Now you cant find any. Ii saw some of the large spam cans of Bulgarian ammo pop up now and then but gone since the Covid nonsense. I have quite a bit of 70 round milsurp stuff still and also the PPU in the blue boxes of 50 rounds. Now you cant find any at all.

K75RT and ChaZam like this.