close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

7.62x54 ammo source

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by psycho dad, Mar 17, 2002.

1. psycho dad

psycho dad G&G Newbie

i posted a message before the change in the format here, asking for ammo sources. i did not have a chance to write down the vendors or websites, so i am asking please to respond again, there were some excellent sources.

2. Bryan Williams

Bryan Williams G&G Newbie

3. wholesale guns n ammo

try www.burnsbro.com (aka wholesaleguns and ammo) I orderd onee of their 440 tins of russian surplus 7.62X54R a month ago for 38.99(cheap!) shoot's great in my m44 and m91(always goes off to), the ammo is made in the mid 70's to 80's(from the headstamp).

4. psycho dad

psycho dad G&G Newbie

thanks guys i knew i could count on you. thats what makes this the best web site, the people who participate in it. keep your powder dry.

5. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Go to www.centerfiresystems.com, and get their phone number. They don't have their catalog online yet, but they do have a ton of the 54R. :)

6. I checked-out every one of the links provided above and found no 7.62x54 on any of the websites.

If you go to www.jgsales.com they offer it in 440 round cans for $48.99 but admit being a few weeks back-ordered.

I have bought ammo from J&G for my AK47 and Makarov before and was 100% satisfied both with the speedy service & easy ordering online with a credit card as well as the reasonable S&H fees.

7. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Some of the last I bought was from TAPCO... but boy you'd better be ready to scrub that bore!

Jesse

8. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Jessica Rabbit with a handgun. Now that's scary :)

9. Dear Jesse,
    All I shoot are "Soviet" firearms so I have a good scrubbin-arm.

First I start by pouring Ajax down the barrel and follow with a cap-full of Liquid-Plumber...then I use the cleaning rod to shove some soapy Brillo-Pads down the barrel. That always seems to do the trick.

Now if only I could figure out why my barrel has no rifling....

10. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

i buy all of my ammo from cheaper than dirt-great prices on wolf,s&b,and sometimes surplus stuff.lots of other neat stuff,too.