Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to rent or buy a used set of 7.7 Jap Arisaka headspace guages, as I have three 7.7 Arisakas I want to check out, anyone have any leads on where to look? Much obliged for any responses!
Cheers,
Fred (Honcho)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7.7 Jap headspace gauges

Hi, Joe,
Nope, wasn't able to come up with a set, but found that Numrich Arms has them, @ $60.+, each! (Shoot, I didn't pay that much for the gun!!!) I did locate a 7.7 bolt on eBay, but paid WAY too much for it, $50., I had some dude bidding against me, (who was probably the seller's brother), which drove the price up!!! Still looking for a firing pin and bolt Safety end cap, for my 3rd Arisaka.
"Sarge", from the "Gun Room" MSN site gave me a tip, tho, he said you can run a 30-06 brass case into a set of 7.7 Arisaka FLR dies, a bit at a time, and keep trying to chamber the 30-06 case in the rifle, (after trimming), until it fits, and then compare it with a new 7.7 case. If you need the info, I'll scramble to find the article, and will see that you get it.
Cheers,
Fred (Honcho)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 4 or 5 MSN Gun sites on MSN, you can get in touch with "Hondo", (a.k.a. "Gunrockets") at [email protected] he can give you all the details on joining the excellent, free sites! They cover many subjects and have LOADS of great articles available. They also have live chats on Thurs. and Sundays.
Cheers,
Fred (Honcho)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.