close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

7 million serial number SA

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Full MeTal Jack, Apr 12, 2002.

1. My first Springfield Garand has a serial number of 7002XXX. Scott Duff's book is only showing serial numbers up to 6099905 in 1957. He does state the book is incomplete. Was there more Garands manufactured after 1957 but not delivered? Is 7mil. that a reliable number? Maybe I got the LAST ONE manufactured. ( wouldn't that be a hoot! ) :confused:.

Keep 'em in the ten ring!

2. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

That is a Springfield Inc. Garand and not a real one made at the Springfield armory. If you notice there is a little trade mark next to the serial number. You do not have a U.S. G.I. Garand but a aftermarket one made in the 1980's if I remember correctly. I think they used Fajen stocks on them also. Parts should be U.S. G.I. parts but not the receiver. Hope this helps,, Rick B

3. Rick, if Springfield produced after market recievers, are these the same quality, how many were made and is there any information on those. I bought that one at a gun show. Prikce was right for an average one but after replacing the barrel and learning more about M1s I paid about &100 too much. Live and learn. Saw the jerk several months later and tore him a new one. Haven't seen him since, and thats been 3 years ago. Thanks for the feedback.

ken

4. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

I never heard any bad on them but didnt pay much attention to them. Not sure how many were made neither. The qaulity should be fine since they have a swell M14 receiver. You may need a expert on them for better answers. Rick B

5. Thanks Rick, it does have a Circled T after the Springfield Amory. Thanks for the help. rodger out.

6. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Glad to help, enjoy it and be safe out there yah hear heheheh. Rick B

7. Hey Stock Doc--

I have the latest Shotgun News and there is a full page ad for an M-1 Garand. When I called to inquire they said that the receivers are made in Australia by the same company that manufactured English rifles in WW2. The other parts are all surplus. He said that for a dealer the rifle is about $650 , for the public $750 to $800. Do you know anything about these rifles.Interstate Arms are the ones selling these rifles. Do you know anything about these???

Ltcboy

8. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

That would be Lithglow and never shot one or messed with one yet. I wished I could help you but cant and for that price I would do the course and get a CMP. You will save plenty for ammo and accesories. Rick B

9. I've got a refinished M1 parts kit on order from sarco. Later I'll get the CMP reciever and finnish it off with a wilson 308 barrel.

Because I can. Keep 'em in the 10 ring.

10. Stock Doc--

I cant see spending that kind of money for a receiver that nobody really knows about. All the other parts are used military surplus, and the barrel is used also. $800 seems like a rip off.

Ltcboy