887 Nitro Mag

Discussion in 'Remington' started by Glock17, Sep 15, 2010.

1. I have been in the market for a new waterfowl gun and had some questions. Has anybody had experience with the 887 Nitro Mag? What have you heard good or bad about it? I think I may have it narrowed to the 887 or the Nova. I just want the black synthetic model and I can afford either one. Guys help me decide what the new gun is gunna be.
    Matt B.

2. Well I was hoping for someone to have the 887. I still don't know which one it will be. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Matt B.

3. I don't have any shooting experience but I've handled them in gunshops. In my opinion the 887 is a joke. The action is unbearably rough, I'm not to fond of the slide release location, and its a little bulky. I've shot and handled a super nova though and that is a great gun. Smooth action and it comes to the shoulder well for me.

4. Allseasons11

Allseasons11 G&G Newbie

I have been looking at them for a while the 887 is very light but I have seen way mor bad reviews than good ones and every bad one says the action is rough I may just go with the 870 I have one in 20 and want to see how the 12 is

5. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

My buddy was hot to trot to get one of these until he got one in his hands. He said it was a cheap piece of crap. I have no reason to doubt him.

Not much help, but it's all I got. :)