Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Lapua shows 8X57IRS in their hunting ammunition line. It shouldn't be too hard to get from a Lapua distributor / dealer, if the IRS round is what you need.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Love to hear the prices back then. Was there myself. Was surprised when my friend bought the Type 99 Jap for $25 in 72. Once they become a collector item look out. Plus the supply is drying up I hear.

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Love to hear the prices back then. Was there myself. Was surprised when my friend bought the Type 99 Jap for $25 in 72. Once they become a collector item look out. Plus the supply is drying up I hear.
My brother bought a Jap 7.7 that had been rechambered to a 30-06. I think it sold for around $12 bucks in the early 1960s. He was young and bought a sack of Milsurp 06' Tracers.
Our grandfather had prepared a hay field for bailing the hay. Brother fired tracers in the field. He caught the field on fire. Everyone assumed the fire was caused by "Summer Lighting",. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Seems anything branded "Colt' or "Mauser" these days is solid gold real estate. Sure wish I had a couple new in box Pythons to sell. Maybe even a S&W 952 or a Korth revolver!!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts