close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

8mm Made In Ecuador ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by w.gilbert, Jun 17, 2002.

1. w.gilbert

w.gilbert G&G Newbie

IS THE 8MM AMMO MADE IN ECUADOR ANY GOOD?

2. FN not Equador

The 7,9mm ammo from Equador is FN made (in Belgium) .From all reports it is good ammo, but corrosive and berdan primed. Unless you are set up to reload berdan cases, it's a shoot and forget situation with the cases.
    Remember to clean with ammonia+ hot water or Windex or US GI Bore cleaner after shooting.
    regards, Doc AV

3. it's pretty good ammo, just be sure your striker spring is in good working order, i had a weak spring in my 98k and found out with this ammo.
    -Jesse

4. I've got some Turkish ammo that kicks way too much(shooting a yugo 48). I've seen Yugo ammo advertised in shotgun news; is it loaded as hot?

5. Gyrene

Gyrene G&G Newbie

CA
    troyh - You are correct, Turkish ammo is hot, and usually shoots high on the target (you can't lower your sights enough for 100 yards).

Yugo ammo on the other hand shoots to point of aim (normally), but it seems to not fire every time, except for when it is used in a Yugo Mauser. It may be set for a different "Headspace" than Turkish rifles are headspaced, and the same with other K98k rifles.