Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1980's Portuguese production, NC/BE on strippers....

How is this ammo??? Does anyone have any experience with it???

Box of 80 rounds on stripper-clips $45.00 , two boxes (160 rounds), $80.

Good Ammo???? Good deal?????

And what does NC/BE Stand for??

Thanks

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,972 Posts
Should be good. The FNM Portugese 8mm is excellent, as is the Portugese 7.62X51 ammo - both highly sought after! The only Portugese ammo I've heard unkindly of is their 7.5 Swiss, and even it is sought for it's brass.

Who's offering this 8mm ammo? I might go for some myself. :D

·
36,972 Posts
Never seen the term, but I would hazard a guess that it is "Non Corrosive/Berdan" - I just don't know for sure.
Some Portugese FNM ammo I've seen is reloadable Boxer, but some has also been non-reloadable Berdan primed. Usually, the only outward sign of one or the other is in pricing - the reloadable will be more expensive.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I'd go with Non-corrosive/Berdan too. I'd email the empirearms guy (Dennis) if the description is unclear - he knows his milsurplus & won't BS you :right:

edit: From the empirearms website:

"C = corrosive, NC= non-corrosive, BE=Berdan-primed (not easily reloadable), BO= boxer-primed."

There you go.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
45 clams for 80 rounds......its good ammo, but not that good...shop around.

·
36,972 Posts
Depends on the gun, PapaG! One of my Mausers loves the FNM. I usually buy a bunch of the cheapo Turk in the bandoliers for general blasting, but I like to have the 'good stuff' for when I want to shoot the wee groups!
I'd like to try a box or two of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts