Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:feedback: WHATS THE DEAL WITH THE 8MM MAUSER AMMO ARE SUPPLIES DRYING UP SEEM THE PRICE GO UP WEEKLY IN SHOTGUN NEWS WOULD IT BE WISE TO BUY 25 OR SO CASES TO SHOOT AND RESELL LATER ON ANY ADVICE WOULD BE WELCOMED. THANKS

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. I recently acquired a 24-47 and started looking for ammo and what I could find had gone up considerably. I've still got one 70rd. bandolier on stainless clips but I sort of hate to shoot it up now. I always hated cleaning up after shooting that stuff anyway, so i'm just going to stick with S&B, Wolf Gold, and hand-loads.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Is it easy to reload for 8MM mauser? As far as brass and bullets and stuff?

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
All ammo is going up due to metal prices and Transportation costs....Buy as much as you can afford, if it is only for personal use for many years to come. Thats what I'm doing up here !

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
handloaing for the 8MM Mauser is the same as handloading anything else. The brass and bullets are easily found.

I handload for mine. The only thing is the bullet weights are somewhat limited. Basicly 150-170-200 grains.

The local gunshops don't stock many (maybe one box) because there is not much call for them around here.

Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts